Definitions for concludekənˈklud
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word conclude
reason, reason out, conclude(verb)
decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion
"We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
bring to a close
"The committee concluded the meeting"
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
come to a close
"The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
reach agreement on
"They concluded an economic agreement"; "We concluded a cease-fire"
To end, to come to an end.
To come to a conclusion, to a final decision.
Origin: From concludere, present active infinitive of concludo.
to shut up; to inclose
to include; to comprehend; to shut up together; to embrace
to reach as an end of reasoning; to infer, as from premises; to close, as an argument, by inferring; -- sometimes followed by a dependent clause
to make a final determination or judgment concerning; to judge; to decide
to bring to an end; to close; to finish
to bring about as a result; to effect; to make; as, to conclude a bargain
to shut off; to restrain; to limit; to estop; to bar; -- generally in the passive; as, the defendant is concluded by his own plea; a judgment concludes the introduction of further evidence argument
to come to a termination; to make an end; to close; to end; to terminate
to form a final judgment; to reach a decision
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'conclude' in Verbs Frequency: #364
Translations for conclude
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- свършвам, привършвамBulgarian
- concloureCatalan, Valencian
- dojít k závěruCzech
- entscheiden, schließen, beschließen, beenden, zu Ende führen, schlussfolgern, abschließen, folgernGerman
- نتیجه گرفتنPersian
- [[saattaa]] [[päätös, [[viedä]] [[loppuFinnish
- konkliHaitian Creole
- vézgődik, lezár, következtetésre jut, befejez, jut, befejeződikHungarian
- finire, concludereItalian
- 終える, 締め括る, 結ぶ, 結論Japanese
- concluderen, besluitenDutch
- conchide, încheia, concluzionaRomanian
- заключить, завершать, заканчивать, завершить, заключать, закончитьRussian
Get even more translations for conclude »
Find a translation for the conclude definition in other languages:
Select another language: