Definitions for concisekənˈsaɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word concise
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
expressing much in few words; brief but comprehensive; succinct; terse.
* Syn: concise , succinct , terse refer to speech or writing that uses few words to say much. concise implies that unnecessary details or verbiage have been eliminated: a concise summary of a speech. succinct suggests clarity of expression as well as brevity: praised for her succinct statement of the problem. terse suggests brevity combined with wit or polish to produce particularly effective expression; however, it may also suggest brusqueness: a terse prose style; offended by a terse reply.
Origin of concise:
1580–90; < L concīsus cut short, orig. ptp. of concīdere to cut up
expressing much in few words
"a concise explanation"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
clear, but using few words
a concise statement
brief, yet including all important information
Origin: From concisus, from concidere, from caedere.
expressing much in a few words; condensed; brief and compacted; -- used of style in writing or speaking
Concise is a municipality in the district of Jura-Nord Vaudois in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland.
Translations for concise
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
brief but comprehensive
a clear concise statement.
- saaklik, skerp omlynd, bondigAfrikaans
- وَجيز، مُخْتَصَرArabic
- concisoPortuguese (BR)
- stručný ale výstižnýCzech
- kortfattet; konsisDanish
- συνοπτικός και κατανοητόςGreek
- مختصر؛ موجزFarsi
- लघु, संक्षिप्तHindi
- sažet, koncizanCroatian
- koncentrēts; kodolīgsLatvian
- ringkas lagi padatMalay
- kortfattet, konsisNorwegian
- مختصر؛ موجزPersian
- لنډ، موجزPashto
- stručný, krátkySlovak
- kısa ve özTurkish
- 簡明的Chinese (Trad.)
- стислий; короткийUkrainian
- مختصر مگر جامعUrdu
- ngắn gọnVietnamese
- 简明的Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for concise »
Find a translation for the concise definition in other languages:
Select another language: