Definitions for conceivekənˈsiv
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word conceive
gestate, conceive, conceptualize, conceptualise(verb)
have the idea for
"He conceived of a robot that would help paralyzed patients"; "This library was well conceived"
think, believe, consider, conceive(verb)
judge or regard; look upon; judge
"I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
become pregnant; undergo conception
"She cannot conceive"; "My daughter was conceived in Christmas Day"
To develop an idea.
To understand someone.
To become pregnant.
Origin: From conceiven, from concevoir, concever, from concipere, from con- + capio. Compare deceive, perceive, receive.
to receive into the womb and begin to breed; to begin the formation of the embryo of
to form in the mind; to plan; to devise; to generate; to originate; as, to conceive a purpose, plan, hope
to apprehend by reason or imagination; to take into the mind; to know; to imagine; to comprehend; to understand
to have an embryo or fetus formed in the womb; to breed; to become pregnant
to have a conception, idea, or opinion; think; -- with of
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'conceive' in Verbs Frequency: #779
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
You cannot conceive the many without the one.
Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve.
Whatever we conceive well we express clearly, and words flow with ease.
I am confident Kohver will be freed earlier than we can currently conceive.
Translations for conceive
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- разбирам, забременявам, замислям, забременея, схващамBulgarian
- koncipovat, formulovat, otěhotnět, vymyslet, počít, chápat, pochopitCzech
- ersinnen, schwanger werden, erdenken, verstehen, empfangen, konzipierenGerman
- gravediĝi, koncipiEsperanto
- käsitama, rasestumaEstonian
- suunnitella, kehitellä, tulla raskaaksi, ymmärtääFinnish
- concevoir, tomber enceinteFrench
- teherbe esik, elképzel, megért, felfogHungarian
- հղիանալ, հղանալArmenian
- 妊娠, 孕む, 思い付く, おめでたJapanese
- concipio, teneoLatin
- whakaira tangataMāori
- zwanger wordenDutch
- забеременеть, беременеть, замышлять, зачать, пониматьRussian
- shvatiti, zamisliti, začetiSerbo-Croatian
- krijoj, mendojAlbanian
- anlamak, yaratmak, hamile kalmak, gebe kalmak, düşünmekTurkish
Get even more translations for conceive »
Find a translation for the conceive definition in other languages:
Select another language: