Definitions for composerkəmˈpoʊ zər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word composer
someone who composes music as a profession
One who composes; an author. Specifically, an author of a piece of music.
One who, or that which, quits or calms.
one who composes; an author. Specifically, an author of a piece of music
one who, or that which, quiets or calms; one who adjusts a difference
A composer is a person who creates music, either by musical notation or oral tradition, for interpretation and performance, or through direct manipulation of sonic material as electroacoustic music.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'composer' in Nouns Frequency: #2311
The numerical value of composer in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of composer in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I'm not interested in having an orchestra sound like itself. I want it to sound like the composer.
You have to go to the composer himself, or his heirs, play the work, and get his approval, that, he never did.
Every composer knows the anguish and despair occasioned by forgetting ideas which one had no time to write down.
Here we have a short, not great, piece by Mozart, but at least something that really sheds new light on his daily life as an opera composer in Vienna.
I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge.
Images & Illustrations of composer
Translations for composer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ملحن, مؤلف موسيقيArabic
- успокоител, композиторBulgarian
- compositor, compositoraCatalan, Valencian
- Komponistin, KomponistGerman
- compositora, compositorSpanish
- säveltäjä, tekijäFinnish
- szerző, alkotó, zeneszerző, komponistaHungarian
- երգահան, կոմպոզիտորArmenian
- 作曲家, 作曲者, 作曲Japanese
- композитор, сазгерKazakh
- 作曲家, 작곡가Korean
- KomponistLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- componist, componiste, auteur, toondichter, opsteller, bedarer, maker, toondichteresDutch
- komponistNorwegian Nynorsk
- acalmador, compositor, criadorPortuguese
- успокоитель, композиторRussian
- композитор, складатељ, skladatelj, kompozitorSerbo-Croatian
- seqapiSouthern Sotho
- komponist, kompositör, tonsättareSwedish
- besteci, bestekarTurkish
- nhà soạn nhạcVietnamese
Get even more translations for composer »
Find a translation for the composer definition in other languages:
Select another language: