Definitions for complykəmˈplaɪ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word comply
comply, follow, abide by(verb)
act in accordance with someone's rules, commands, or wishes
"He complied with my instructions"; "You must comply or else!"; "Follow these simple rules"; "abide by the rules"
To yield assent; to accord; agree, or acquiesce; to adapt one's self; to consent or conform;
: To be ceremoniously courteous; to make one's compliments.
: To fulfill; to accomplish.
: To infold; to embrace.
to yield assent; to accord; agree, or acquiesce; to adapt one's self; to consent or conform; -- usually followed by with
to be ceremoniously courteous; to make one's compliments
to fulfill; to accomplish
to infold; to embrace
Origin: [See comply, v. i.]
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'comply' in Verbs Frequency: #713
Images & Illustrations of comply
Translations for comply
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съобразявам се, спазвам, придържам се към, изпълнявам, съгласявам сеBulgarian
- cumplir, accederSpanish
- suostua, taipua, mukautua, myöntyäFinnish
- acquiescer, respecter, conformerFrench
- gèillScottish Gaelic
- conformarsi, concordare, adattarsi, attuareItalian
- 守る, 従う, 応じるJapanese
- aquiescer, cumprir, assentir, concordarPortuguese
- подчиня́ться, соглаша́тьсяRussian
Get even more translations for comply »
Find a translation for the comply definition in other languages:
Select another language: