Definitions for complexitykəmˈplɛk sɪ ti
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word complexity
the quality of being intricate and compounded
"he enjoyed the complexity of modern computers"
The state of being complex; intricacy; entanglement.
That which is and renders complex; intricacy; complication.
the state of being complex; intricacy; entanglement
that which is complex; intricacy; complication
Origin: [Cf. F. complexit.]
In general usage, complexity tends to be used to characterize something with many parts in intricate arrangement. The study of these complex linkages is the main goal of complex systems theory. In science there are at this time a number of approaches to characterizing complexity, many of which are reflected in this article. Neil Johnson describes complexity science as the study of the phenomena which emerge from a collection of interacting objects. In a business context, complexity management is the methodology to minimize value-destroying complexity and efficiently control value-adding complexity in a cross-functional approach.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'complexity' in Nouns Frequency: #1698
The numerical value of complexity in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of complexity in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Life is easy greediness adds complexity
White collar crime is extremely difficult to prosecute, especially in finance, due to its complexity.
People realize that it is not just the size of the asset, it is the complexity of the integration of the deal.
Literature is the human activity that takes the fullest and most precise account of variousness, possibility, complexity, and difficulty.
Wonder is what sets us apart from other life forms. No other species wonders about the meaning of existence or the complexity of the universe or themselves.
Images & Illustrations of complexity
Translations for complexity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- сложност, обърканостBulgarian
- complexitatCatalan, Valencian
- indviklethed, kompleksitetDanish
- Schwierigkeit, Vielfalt, KomplexitätGerman
- περιπλοκότητα, περιπλοκήGreek
- keerukus, keerulisusEstonian
- hankaluus, ongelma, vaikeus, mutkikkuus, monimutkaisuusFinnish
- bonyodalom, komplikáció, bonyolultságHungarian
- sudėtingumas, painumasLithuanian
- komplicētība, sarežģītībaLatvian
- complexiteit, gecompliceerdheid, verwikkeling, ingewikkeldheidDutch
- floke, forviklingNorwegian
- złożoność, zawiłośćPolish
- komplikation, krånglighet, komplexitetSwedish
- karmaşıklık, karmaşıkTurkish
Get even more translations for complexity »
Find a translation for the complexity definition in other languages:
Select another language: