blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge(verb)
mix together different elements
"The colors blend well"
fuse or cause to grow together
To join into a single mass or whole.
The droplets coalesced into a puddle.
To form from different pieces or elements.
The puddle coalesced from the droplets as they ran together.
When two, or more, pieces of metal are bonded together (usually via welding) by liquefying the places where they are to be bonded, coalescing these liquids, and allowing the coalesced liquid to solidify. At the end of this process the two pieces of metal have become one continuous solid.
Origin: From coalesco, from co- + alesco.
to grow together; to unite by growth into one body; as, the parts separated by a wound coalesce
to unite in one body or product; to combine into one body or community; as, vapors coalesce
Coalesce is a metalcore band from Kansas City, Missouri.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
kō-al-es′, v.i. to grow together or unite into one body: to associate.—adj. Coales′cent, uniting.—n. Coales′cence, union. [L. coalescĕre, co-, together, and alescĕre, to grow up.]
Song lyrics by coalesce -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by coalesce on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of coalesce in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of coalesce in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Images & Illustrations of coalesce
Translations for coalesce
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- обединявам се, сливам сеBulgarian
- ajuntar-se, unir-se, incorporar-seCatalan, Valencian
- spojit, sloučitCzech
- verschmelzen, vereinigen, zusammenwachsen, zusammenfügen, zusammenfließenGerman
- incorporarse, juntarse, unirseSpanish
- yhdistyä, yhtyä, kerääntyäFinnish
- unir, se fondre, coalescer, réunirFrench
- measgaich, aonaichScottish Gaelic
- versmelten, samensmeltenDutch
- coalescer, aglutinarPortuguese
- сливаться, объединятьсяRussian
- birleşmek, kaynaşmak, bütünleşmekTurkish
Get even more translations for coalesce »
Find a translation for the coalesce definition in other languages:
Select another language: