Definitions for coachbuilder
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word coachbuilder
a craftsman who makes the bodies of motor vehicles
A builder of horse-drawn coaches.
A person or company who makes and fits the bodywork of vehicles such as cars, buses and railway carriages.
A coachbuilder is a manufacturer of bodies for automobiles and a manufacturer of complete horse-drawn vehicles. A British trade association the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers, was incorporated in 1630. Some British coachmaking firms operating in the 20th century were established even earlier. Rippon was active in the time of Queen Elizabeth I, Barker founded in 1710 by an officer in Queen Anne's Guards, Brewster a relative newcomer, formed in 1810. Others in Britain included Hooper, H. J. Mulliner & Co., Park Ward, Gurney Nutting, Freestone & Webb, Barker, Tickford, Thrupp & Maberly, Windover, James Young and Vanden Plas. In France, they were led by Binder, Figoni et Falaschi, Chapron, Kellner, Labourdette, Letourneur et Marchand, Gangloff, Pourtout, Guilloré, Franay or Hibbard & Darrin. Germany's top firms were Erdmann & Rossi, Gläser, Karmann, Hebmüller, Neuss, and Papler. Italy had firms such as Pininfarina, Bertone, Frua, Castagna, Ghia, Allemano, Scaglietti, Marazzi, Boneschi, Fissore, Alessio, Zagato, Vignale and Touring. The U.S. featured Brewster & Co., Brunn, Fleetwood, LeBaron, Murphy, Derham, Locke, Rollston and Willoughby. The best known coachbuilder from Holland was Pennock, but there were also Veth & Zn. and Van Rijswijk. In Belgium, it was d'Ieteren and van den Plas and located in Switzerland were Hermann Graber or Ramsauer & Cie which also was known as Worblaufen after the place they were built.
Translations for coachbuilder
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
a person or business concerned with building the bodies for modern vehicles.
- wamaker, rytuigmakerAfrikaans
- صانِعُ أجْسامِ السَّيّاراتArabic
- fabricante de carroçariaPortuguese (BR)
- karosář; karosářstvíCzech
- der WagenbauerGerman
- κατασκευαστής, κατασκευαστική εταιρεία αυτοκινήτωνGreek
- autokerede valmistajaEstonian
- شخص یا حرفۀ مربوط به ساخت بدنۀ خودرو های جدیدFarsi
- בּוֹנֵה מִרכָּבHebrew
- बसों इत्यादि की बॉडी बनाने वालाHindi
- pabrik karoseriIndonesian
- 자동차 차체 제조공Korean
- kėbu-lų gamintojasLithuanian
- vagonu būvētājsLatvian
- producent karoseriiPolish
- شخص یا حرفۀ مربوط به ساخت بدنۀ خودرو های جدیدPersian
- د موټر د فرم جوړولPashto
- fabricante de carroçariaPortuguese
- изготовитель автомобильных кузововRussian
- koji se bavi izradom savremenih vozilaSerbian
- 汽車車身製造廠或人員Chinese (Trad.)
- фірма-виготовлювач автомобільних кузовівUkrainian
- بسوں کی باڈی بنانے والاUrdu
- thợ đóng xe ngựaVietnamese
- 汽车车身制造厂或人员Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for coachbuilder »
Find a translation for the coachbuilder definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these coachbuilder definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"coachbuilder." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2014. Web. 22 Sep. 2014. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/coachbuilder>.