Definitions for classmateˈklæsˌmeɪt, ˈklɑs-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word classmate
schoolmate, classmate, schoolfellow, class fellow(noun)
an acquaintance that you go to school with
Someone who is in the same class (in school)
Danny and I have been classmates for five years, but I've never spoken to him outside of lessons.
Origin: class + mate
one who is in the same class with another, as at school or college
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
One of my goals coming into Stanford was to find a classmate founding a business.
We wouldn't miss this. He was our classmate, he was on track to be someone really important.
He was a very humble, optimistic, caring and didn't cause any problems, and to know that my friend, a fellow classmate at Gwendolyn Brooks was gunned down so inhumanely is so disgusting.
Images & Illustrations of classmate
Translations for classmate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- زميل دراسة, رفيق صفArabic
- Mitschüler, Klassenkamerad, Mitschülerin, KlassenkameradinGerman
- compañero de clase, compañera de claseSpanish
- luokkakaveri, luokkatoveriFinnish
- camarade, classeFrench
- osztálytárs, évfolyamtársHungarian
- compagno di classe, compagna di classeItalian
- 級友, クラスメート, 同級生, クラスメイトJapanese
- kolega z klasy, koleżanka z klasyPolish
- colega de classePortuguese
- однокашник, одноклассник, соученикRussian
- bashkënxënës, bashkënxënëseAlbanian
- sınıf arkadaşıTurkish
Get even more translations for classmate »
Find a translation for the classmate definition in other languages:
Select another language: