schoolmate, classmate, schoolfellow, class fellow(noun)
an acquaintance that you go to school with
Someone who is in the same class (in school)
Danny and I have been classmates for five years, but I've never spoken to him outside of lessons.
Origin: class + mate
one who is in the same class with another, as at school or college
The numerical value of classmate in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of classmate in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
One of my goals coming into Stanford was to find a classmate founding a business.
We wouldn't miss this. He was our classmate, he was on track to be someone really important.
He was a very humble, optimistic, caring and didn't cause any problems, and to know that my friend, a fellow classmate at Gwendolyn Brooks was gunned down so inhumanely is so disgusting.
Images & Illustrations of classmate
Translations for classmate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- زميل دراسة, رفيق صفArabic
- Mitschüler, Klassenkamerad, Mitschülerin, KlassenkameradinGerman
- compañero de clase, compañera de claseSpanish
- luokkakaveri, luokkatoveriFinnish
- camarade, classeFrench
- osztálytárs, évfolyamtársHungarian
- compagno di classe, compagna di classeItalian
- 級友, クラスメート, 同級生, クラスメイトJapanese
- kolega z klasy, koleżanka z klasyPolish
- colega de classePortuguese
- однокашник, одноклассник, соученикRussian
- bashkënxënës, bashkënxënëseAlbanian
- sınıf arkadaşıTurkish
Get even more translations for classmate »
Find a translation for the classmate definition in other languages:
Select another language: