a joyful occasion for special festivities to mark some happy event
any joyous diversion
celebration, solemnization, solemnisation(noun)
the public performance of a sacrament or solemn ceremony with all appropriate ritual
"the celebration of marriage"
The formal performance of a solemn rite, such as Christian sacrament
The observance of a holiday or feast day, as by solemnities
The act, process of showing appreciation, gratitude and/or remembrance, notably as a social event.
A social gathering for entertainment and fun; a party.
the act, process, or time of celebrating
Origin: [L. celebratio.]
"Celebration" is a number one hit song released in 1980 by Kool & the Gang from their album Celebrate!.
Song lyrics by celebration -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by celebration on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'celebration' in Nouns Frequency: #1776
The numerical value of celebration in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of celebration in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Images & Illustrations of celebration
Translations for celebration
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- прослава, тържество, честване, празнуванеBulgarian
- celebracióCatalan, Valencian
- Feier, FestGerman
- célébration, fêteFrench
- selebrasyonHaitian Creole
- celebrazione, ricorrenza, festaItalian
- 祝賀, 慶祝, お祝いJapanese
- herdenking, fuif, viering, festiviteit, gedachtenis, feestDutch
- feiringNorwegian Nynorsk
- sărbătoare, sărbătorire, celebrare, petrecere, serbare, festivitateRomanian
- празднование, торжество, праздникRussian
- svečanost, slavljeSerbo-Croatian
- firande, festSwedish
Get even more translations for celebration »
Find a translation for the celebration definition in other languages:
Select another language: