Definitions for catalystˈkæt l ɪst
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word catalyst
(chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected
something that causes an important event to happen
"the invasion acted as a catalyst to unite the country"
A substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without being consumed in the process.
Someone or something that encourages progress or change.
Economic development and integration are working as a catalyst for peace.
A catalytic converter.
Catalyst is the fourth studio album by American rock band New Found Glory. It was produced by Neal Avron and released on May 18, 2004 through Geffen Records. The album includes an enhanced CD portion with a making of the music video for the inaugural single "All Downhill from Here". Catalyst debuted at a career-high number three on the Billboard 200 chart and was later certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America on August 18, 2004.
Translations for catalyst
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fermento, enzima, catalizador, agitador, levadura, demiurgoSpanish
- katalysaattori, katalyyttiFinnish
- catalyseur, électron libre, agitateur, levain, ferment, démiurge, enzymeFrench
- efnahvati, hvatiIcelandic
- katalis, katalisator, mangkinMalay
- katalìzātor, каталѝза̄торSerbo-Croatian
- tezgen, katalizör, ivdirgenTurkish
Get even more translations for catalyst »
Find a translation for the catalyst definition in other languages:
Select another language: