a terrestrial or aquatic flesh-eating mammal
"terrestrial carnivores have four or five clawed digits on each limb"
any animal that feeds on flesh
"Tyrannosaurus Rex was a large carnivore"; "insectivorous plants are considered carnivores"
Any animal that eats meat as the main part of its diet.
A mammal belonging to the order Carnivora.
a computer system designed by the FBI to monitor e-mail and electronic communications
Origin: Ultimately from carnivorus.
one of the Carnivora
Origin: [Cf. F. carnivore.]
A carnivore meaning 'meat eater' is an animal that derives its energy and nutrient requirements from a diet consisting mainly or exclusively of animal tissue, whether through predation or scavenging. Animals that depend solely on animal flesh for their nutrient requirements are considered obligate carnivores while those that also consume non-animal food are considered facultative carnivores. Omnivores also consume both animal and non-animal food, and apart from the more general definition, there is no clearly defined ratio of plant to animal material that would distinguish a facultative carnivore from an omnivore. A carnivore that sits at the top of the foodchain is an apex predator. Plants that capture and digest insects are called carnivorous plants. Similarly, fungi that capture microscopic animals are often called carnivorous fungi.
Song lyrics by carnivore -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by carnivore on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of carnivore in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of carnivore in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Images & Illustrations of carnivore
Translations for carnivore
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- carnívorCatalan, Valencian
- rovdyr, kødæderDanish
- σαρκοφάγος, σαρκοβόροςGreek
- karnovorulo, karnomanĝuloEsperanto
- lihansyöjä, petoeläinFinnish
- feòil-itheadairScottish Gaelic
- 肉食動物, 육식 동물Korean
- haiwan karnivor, binatang maging, karnivor, haiwan magingMalay
- vleeseter, carnivoorDutch
- kjøtetarNorwegian Nynorsk
- naaldeehii daʼalghałígííNavajo, Navaho
- mięsożerca, drapieżnikPolish
- хи́щник, плотоя́дное живо́тноеRussian
- mesojed, mesožder, mesojedacSerbo-Croatian
- mesojedka, mesojedec, mesojedSlovene
- rovdjur, köttätareSwedish
Get even more translations for carnivore »
Find a translation for the carnivore definition in other languages:
Select another language: