Definitions for cannibalˈkæn ə bəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cannibal
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
can•ni•balˈkæn ə bəl(n.)
a person who eats human flesh, esp. for magical or religious purposes.
any animal that eats its own kind.
(adj.)pertaining to or like a cannibal.
given to cannibalism.
Origin of cannibal:
1545–55; < Sp caníbal, var. of caríbal <canib-, carib- (< Arawak)
cannibal, man-eater, anthropophagus, anthropophagite(noun)
a person who eats human flesh
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
cannibal(noun)ˈkæn ə bəl
sb who eats humans
An organism which eats others of its own species.
Origin: From Cannibalis, from Caniba, the Taíno form recorded by Christopher Columbus for the Caribs, who were greatly feared.
a human being that eats human flesh; hence, any that devours its own kind
relating to cannibals or cannibalism
Cannibal is the fifth studio album by Static-X, released on April 3, 2007. This is the first album from the band to contain guitar solos; every song with the exception of "Goat" has one. This is an album of firsts for the band, being the first album without an "otsego" song included, and the first album to feature the same line-up as the album preceding it. Additionally, it's the first Static-X album since Machine to have three singles released from it.
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. The conceiver and first practitioner of the eucharistic rite. 2. A place where a missionary may have a hell of a time. 3. A Pierrot whose pranks are side-splitting. 4. One who appreciates his fellow-being at his true worth. 5. The most subtle of living ironists. 6. Any one who takes his brother man at his physical valuation.
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
A heathen hobo who never works, but lives on other people.
Translations for cannibal
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
a person who eats human flesh.
- إنْسانٌ يأكُلُ لَحْم البَشَرArabic
- canibalPortuguese (BR)
- der KannibaleGerman
- menneskeæder; kannibalDanish
- caníbal, antropófagoSpanish
- žmogėdra, kanibalasLithuanian
- kannibal, menneskeeterNorwegian
- دخپل همنوع غوښې خوړونكى: هه خلك چه دنورو خلكو غوښى خورى، سړى خور، ادم خورPashto
- ผู้ที่กินเนื้อคนสด ๆThai
- 食人的人Chinese (Trad.)
- людожер, канібалUkrainian
- آدم خورUrdu
- người ăn thịt ngườiVietnamese
- 吃人的人Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for cannibal »
Find a translation for the cannibal definition in other languages:
Select another language: