Definitions for bustbʌst
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word bust
flop, bust, fizzle(noun)
a complete failure
"the play was a dismal flop"
female chest, bust(noun)
the chest of a woman
a sculpture of the head and shoulders of a person
bust, tear, binge, bout(adj)
an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
"they went on a bust that lasted three days"
broke, bust, skint, stone-broke, stony-broke(verb)
"`skint' is a British slang term"
"He busted my radio!"
search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on
"The police raided the crack house"
tear, rupture, snap, bust(verb)
separate or cause to separate abruptly
"The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart(verb)
go to pieces
"The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
break open or apart suddenly and forcefully
"The dam burst"
a piece of sculpture representing the upper part of the human figure, including the head, shoulders, and breast
the portion of the human figure included between the head and waist, whether in statuary or in the person; the chest or thorax; the upper part of the trunk of the body
BUST Magazine is a women's pop culture magazine that is published bi-monthly by Debbie Stoller and Laurie Henzel.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I love to buy bad contracts when key people go bust and I make those contracts good.
Previous boom-bust cycles in Chinese stocks have also shown little or no connection to (apparent) economic performance.
The two of them are walking around like they’re going to bust they’re so happy and so full of pride for the neighborhood.
Why would I hang a sign around Ted Cruz's neck that says' Iowa or bust' ? Because then there's only two options : Iowa, or bust.
Beijing's battle against pollution will increase costs for steel mills and force those uncompetitive ones to go bust eventually.
Images & Illustrations of bust
Translations for bust
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- бюст, разбивам, арестувам, счупвамBulgarian
- bustCatalan, Valencian
- bysta, bustaCzech
- Büste, einlochenGerman
- busto, fiasco, reventarSpanish
- مجسمه نیم تنهPersian
- pysti, ratsia, pidättää, rintakuva, pidätys, rikkoa, poviFinnish
- buste, arrestation, niquer, éclater, prendre la main dans le sac, choper, arrêter, prendre sur le fait, pincer, attraper, fiasco, bouzillerFrench
- irruzione, rompere, busto, arresto, attaccare, scoppiare, sgamare, far scoppiare, acciuffare, fiasco, sfasciare, fare irruzioneItalian
- 胸像, 乳房, 半身像Japanese
- 흉상, 앞가슴Korean
- betrappen, buste, flop, arrestatie, vatten, barsten, fiasco, borstbeeld, razzia, oppakken, breken, bij de lurven pakkenDutch
- bysteNorwegian Nynorsk
- pierś, klapa, fiasko, popiersie, nalotPolish
- женская грудь, рейд, бюст, налёт, облаваRussian
- bista, бистаSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for bust »
Find a translation for the bust definition in other languages:
Select another language: