Definitions for bribebraɪb
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word bribe
payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt his judgment
bribe, corrupt, buy, grease one's palms(verb)
make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
"This judge can be bought"
Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
To give a bribe to.
a gift begged; a present
a price, reward, gift, or favor bestowed or promised with a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the conduct of a judge, witness, voter, or other person in a position of trust
that which seduces; seduction; allurement
to rob or steal
to give or promise a reward or consideration to (a judge, juror, legislator, voter, or other person in a position of trust) with a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the conduct; to induce or influence by a bribe; to give a bribe to
to gain by a bribe; of induce as by a bribe
to commit robbery or theft
to give a bribe to a person; to pervert the judgment or corrupt the action of a person in a position of trust, by some gift or promise
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We will then get the answers from teachers and then bribe the exam supervisor to allow us to enter the hall with it.
I didn't think it was adequate. If he wants to bribe us, to bribe us with our own money comes a bit short of what is required.
If it turns out that votes have been bought, you can't just stick to such a decision. It's important that the World Cup is not awarded to whoever pays the highest bribe.
Among other things, I agreed with other persons in or around 1992 to facilitate the acceptance of a bribe in conjunction with the selection of the host nation for the 1998 World Cup.
Successful ... politicians are insecure and intimidated men. They advance politically only as they placate, appease, bribe, seduce, bamboozle or otherwise manage to manipulate the demanding and threatening elements in their constituencies.
Images & Illustrations of bribe
Translations for bribe
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- رشوة, رشاArabic
- подкуп, подкупвам, рушветBulgarian
- úplatek, podplatit, uplatitCzech
- Bestechungsgeld, bestechen, schmieren, Schmiergeld, kaufenGerman
- δωροδοκία, δωροδοκώ, δωροληψίαGreek
- cohecho, soborno, coima, cohechar, alfadía, matraca, mordida, sobornarSpanish
- pistis, altkäemaksEstonian
- رشوه, رشوه دادنPersian
- lahjus, lahjoaFinnish
- pot-de-vin, soudoyer, corrompre, verserFrench
- לשחד, שוחדHebrew
- կաշառել, կաշառքArmenian
- sogokan, suap, menyuap, menyogokIndonesian
- offrire, tangenteItalian
- ქრთამი, ქრთამის მიცემაGeorgian
- kukulis, kukuļotLatvian
- moni whakapati, whakapati, koha whakapatiMāori
- omkopen, steekpenning, smeergeldDutch
- łapówka, dawać łapówkęPolish
- suborno, propina, subornarPortuguese
- взятка, подкуп, подкупать, давать взяткуRussian
- ми́то, míto, mítiti, podmititi, подмитити, potplátiti, митити, potkúpiti, поткупити, потплатитиSerbo-Croatian
- muta, dusörSwedish
- hongo, mlungula, chai, rushwaSwahili
- rüşvet vermek, rüşvetTurkish
- שמירן, שמיר, אונטערקויפֿןYiddish
Get even more translations for bribe »
Find a translation for the bribe definition in other languages:
Select another language: