Definitions for brackishˈbræk ɪʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word brackish
distasteful and unpleasant; spoiled by mixture
"a thin brackish gruel"
slightly salty (especially from containing a mixture of seawater and fresh water)
"a brackish lagoon"; "the briny deep"
(of water) salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries
distasteful; unpleasant; not appealing to the taste.
saltish, or salt in a moderate degree, as water in saline soil
Images & Illustrations of brackish
Translations for brackish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- леко соленBulgarian
- brakvand, [[brakt]] [[vand]], brakDanish
- brackig, salzigGerman
- mātaitai, kurutaitai, kurutaiMāori
- [[brakt]] [[vann]] / [[vatn]], brakk, brakkvatn, brakkvannNorwegian
- brakkvatn, brakk, [[brakt]] [[vatn]]Norwegian Nynorsk
- salobre, salobroPortuguese
- омерзительный, отвратительный, противный, солёный, солоноватыйRussian
Get even more translations for brackish »
Find a translation for the brackish definition in other languages:
Select another language: