Definitions for beguilebɪˈgaɪl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word beguile
juggle, beguile, hoodwink(verb)
influence by slyness
capture, enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant(verb)
attract; cause to be enamored
"She captured all the men's hearts"
To deceive or delude (using guile).
To charm, delight or captivate.
to delude by guile, artifice, or craft; to deceive or impose on, as by a false statement; to lure
to elude, or evade by craft; to foil
to cause the time of to pass without notice; to relieve the tedium or weariness of; to while away; to divert
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
be-gīl′, v.t. to cheat or deceive: to divert attention from anything tedious or painful: to divert or amuse: to wile any one into some course.—ns. Beguile′ment; Beguil′er.—adv. Beguil′ingly. [See Guile.]
The numerical value of beguile in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of beguile in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I am not merry but I do beguile The thing I am, by seeming otherwise.
I am not merry; but I do beguile
The thing I am, by seeming otherwise.
Liberty is the most jealous and exacting mistress that can beguile the soul and brain of man.
Without country you have neither name, token, voice, nor rights, no admission as brothers into the fellowship of the Peoples. You are the bastards of Humanity. Soldiers without a banner, Israelites among the nations, you will find neither faith nor protection; none will be sureties for you. Do not beguile yourselves with the hope of emancipation from unjust social conditions if you do not first conquer a Country for yourselves.
Images & Illustrations of beguile
Translations for beguile
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- embetumarCatalan, Valencian
- irreleiten, betören, irreführen, verführen, in die Irre führenGerman
- encanto secretivo, engañar, encanto oculto, cautivar, encanto engañador, seducirSpanish
- peibutama, meeldivalt mööda saatmaEstonian
- exalter, duper, ravir, tromper, emporter, induire en erreurFrench
- sedurre, ingannare, distogliere, turlupinare, incantareItalian
- bedriegen, verrukken, misleiden, vervoerenDutch
- entreter, encantar, distrairPortuguese
- amăgi, înșela, încânta, captiva, fermeca, ademeniRomanian
- обманывать, очаровыватьRussian
Get even more translations for beguile »
Find a translation for the beguile definition in other languages:
Select another language: