Definitions for beginningbɪˈgɪn ɪŋ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word beginning
the event consisting of the start of something
"the beginning of the war"
beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset(noun)
the time at which something is supposed to begin
"they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
the first part or section of something
"`It was a dark and stormy night' is a hackneyed beginning for a story"
beginning, origin, root, rootage, source(noun)
the place where something begins, where it springs into being
"the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
beginning, start, commencement(adj)
the act of starting something
"he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
serving to begin
"the beginning canto of the poem"; "the first verse"
The act of doing that which begins anything; commencement of an action, state, or space of time; entrance into being or upon a course; the first act, effort, or state of a succession of acts or states.
That which is begun; a rudiment or element.
That which begins or originates something; the first cause; origin; source.
The initial portion of some extended thing.
Of or relating to the first portion of some extended thing
Origin: Verbal noun of begin.
the act of doing that which begins anything; commencement of an action, state, or space of time; entrance into being or upon a course; the first act, effort, or state of a succession of acts or states
that which begins or originates something; the first cause; origin; source
that which is begun; a rudiment or element
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'beginning' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1592
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'beginning' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1020
Rank popularity for the word 'beginning' in Nouns Frequency: #608
The numerical value of beginning in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of beginning in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of beginning
Translations for beginning
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- източник, наченки, началоBulgarian
- començament, inici, principiCatalan, Valencian
- počátek, začátekCzech
- Beginn, Angefangene, Anfang, BegonneneGerman
- αρχή, αρχίGreek
- inicio, principio, comienzo, comenzandoSpanish
- algus, alustamineEstonian
- alku, alkaminen, alkuosaFinnish
- début, ébauche, commencementFrench
- toiseachScottish Gaelic
- principio, inicio, comezo, empezoGalician
- kezdet, elejeHungarian
- սկզբնապատճառ, սկիզբArmenian
- 到来, 発端, 始まり, 開始, 起源Japanese
- 시작, 始作, 처음Korean
- سهرهتایی, دهستپێکردنKurdish
- initium, principiumLatin
- pradžia, pradėjimas, debiutasLithuanian
- തുടക്കം, ആരംഭംMalayalam
- begin, aanvangDutch
- começo, gerador, princípio, originador, inícioPortuguese
- prinzipi, entschatta, antschatta, antscheataRomansh
- început, debut, inițiere, începere, startRomanian
- начало, источникRussian
- početak, почињање, počinjanje, почетакSerbo-Croatian
- počiatok, začiatokSlovak
- izvor, začetek, pričetekSlovene
- orsak, begynnelse, upphov, börjanSwedish
- ప్రారంభం, మొదలుTelugu
- başlanan, iptida, başlangıçTurkish
- phần đầu, bắt đầuVietnamese
- kimince, kiminçmintWalloon
Get even more translations for beginning »
Find a translation for the beginning definition in other languages:
Select another language: