Definitions for battlefield
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word battlefield
battlefield, battleground, field of battle, field of honor, field(noun)
a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
"they made a tour of Civil War battlefields"
The field where a land battle is or was fought.
1886 The night of the 16th of May found McPherson's command bivouacked from two to six miles west of the battlefield, along the line of the road to Vicksburg u2014 Ulysses S. Grant, Personal memoirs of U.S. Grant, Chapter 35.
Battlefield is the first serial of the 26th season in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which was first broadcast in four weekly parts from 6 September to 27 September 1989. It was the last to feature Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart in Doctor Who.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The real battlefield is the realm of ideas.
Indonesia is just the first battlefield between China and Japan.
There's never an intention that we're going to use elephants on the battlefield.
We are the battlefield. We are fighting on behalf of our friends from India to Russia.
These vehicles are important for us in the battlefield and we have no problem using them everywhere.
Images & Illustrations of battlefield
Translations for battlefield
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ساحة معركة, ساحة حربArabic
- camp de batallaCatalan, Valencian
- πεδίο μάχηςGreek
- campo de batallaSpanish
- taistelutanner, taistelukenttäFinnish
- champ de batailleFrench
- campo di battagliaItalian
- 戰場, 전장Korean
- SchluechtfeldLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- parekura, tūmū, pae o te pakanga, tahua riringa, kauhanga riri, māra o te pakangaMāori
- slagmarkNorwegian Nynorsk
- campo de batalhaPortuguese
- поле боя, поле битвы, поле браниRussian
- bojište, бојишница, бојиште, bojišnicaSerbo-Croatian
- krigsfält, slagfältSwedish
- రణరంగము, యుద్ధరంగముTelugu
- savaş alanı, savaş meydanıTurkish
- chiến trườngVietnamese
Get even more translations for battlefield »
Find a translation for the battlefield definition in other languages:
Select another language: