Definitions for balmyˈbɑ mi
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word balmy
balmy, barmy, bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loco, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round the bend, around the bend, wacky, whacky(adj)
informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
"it used to drive my husband balmy"
balmy, mild, soft(adj)
mild and pleasant
"balmy days and nights"; "the climate was mild and conducive to life or growth"; "a soft breeze"
Soothing or fragrant.
Mild and pleasant.
Foolish; slightly crazy or mad; eccentric.
having the qualities of balm; odoriferous; aromatic; assuaging; soothing; refreshing; mild
full of barm or froth; in a ferment
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Snowmelt is well underway and will continue through Monday. It is this snowmelt that will ultimately cause the flooding concerns, it is warming up already, it's in the 40s right now and based on the temperatures we've been dealing with, it's pretty balmy.
Translations for balmy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- смахнат, мек, ароматичен, нежен, уханенBulgarian
- mild, mildernd, sanft, linderndGerman
- hämy, lempeä, leuto, leppeä, tuoksuva, leppoisa, rauhoittavaFinnish
- doux, embaumant, suaveFrench
- bolondos, balzsamos, hóbortos, enyhe, illatosHungarian
- нежный, благоуханный, ароматныйRussian
- குணப்படுத்தத் தக்க, மென்மையானTamil
Get even more translations for balmy »
Find a translation for the balmy definition in other languages:
Select another language: