Definitions for bakebeɪk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word bake
cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven
"bake the potatoes"
prepare with dry heat in an oven
"bake a cake"
heat by a natural force
"The sun broils the valley in the summer"
be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
"The town was broiling in the sun"; "the tourists were baking in the heat"
Any of various baked dishes resembling casserole.
The act of cooking food by baking.
To cook (something) in an oven, but not in fat. Compare roast.
To dry by heat.
(Of a person, the weather, or an object:) To be hot.
To become baked.
The bread is baking at the moment.
To smoke marijuana.
Origin: From baken, from bacan, from bakanan, from bʰōg-. Cognate with bakken, backen, baka, φώγω, پختن.
to prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples
to dry or harden (anything) by subjecting to heat, as, to bake bricks; the sun bakes the ground
to harden by cold
to do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes
to be baked; to become dry and hard in heat; as, the bread bakes; the ground bakes in the hot sun
the process, or result, of baking
Images & Illustrations of bake
Translations for bake
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- запячы, спячы, упячы́, упякаць, запякаць, пячыBelarusian
- пека, суша на слънце, изпичам сеBulgarian
- fornejarCatalan, Valencian
- péci, péctCzech
- tørre, bageDanish
- backen, trocknenGerman
- ψήνω, ψήνομαιGreek
- uuni, paistua, leivonta, laatikko, lämpö, leipominen, leipoutua, hehkua, paistaminen, leipoaFinnish
- bakkeWestern Frisian
- szárít, süt, sül, megsül, pörkölHungarian
- cuocersi, cuocere, infornareItalian
- 焼く, 焼けるJapanese
- wypalać, piecPolish
- assar, [[secar]] [[no]] [[calor]]Portuguese
- печься, сушить, выпекать, печь, испечь, испечься, высушить, выпечьRussian
- peći, пећиSerbo-Croatian
- baka, bakasSwedish
- kurutmak, fırınlamakTurkish
- пекти, випікатиUkrainian
Get even more translations for bake »
Find a translation for the bake definition in other languages:
Select another language: