Definitions for babysitter
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word babysitter
babysitter, baby-sitter, sitter(noun)
a person engaged to care for children when the parents are not home
A person who cares for one or more babies or children for a short period of time in place of their legal guardians.
My neighbor is sometimes a babysitter for other moms' children.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I think that parents only get so offended by television because they rely on it as a babysitter and the sole educator of their kids.
She wasn’t shy at all. She introduced both her little brother and babysitter to us and had no problems asking questions. And then she went on to tell us her story and started showing off her scars and telling us what she had been through the past month or so.
Moms have to take care of themselves — get a babysitter, read a book, i didn’t have a nanny with my first son because I stayed home and had the mindset of ‘I didn’t have a baby for someone else to raise,’ but I did have a sitter come to the house so could work out. By the time I had my second son, I was shooting a movie and I needed the help. I actually found my nanny through Alex Trebek because my sister is best friends with his children.
Translations for babysitter
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حاضنة, مربيةArabic
- Kinderbetreuer, Kinderhüter, Kinderbetreuerin, Kinderhüterin, Babysitter, BabysitterinGerman
- μπέμπι−σίτερ, μπεϊμπισίτερGreek
- vartisto, vartistinoEsperanto
- baby-sitter, gardienne d’enfant, bonne d’enfantFrench
- feighlí páistíIrish
- בייביסיטר, שמרטף, שמרטפיתHebrew
- bébiszitter, pótmamaHungarian
- ベビーシッター, 子守Japanese
- бебиситтер, приходящая няня, няня, бэбиситтерRussian
- дадиља, dadiljaSerbo-Croatian
- người giữ trẻVietnamese
- cilihikälädan, cilikälädan, cilijikälädanVolapük
Get even more translations for babysitter »
Find a translation for the babysitter definition in other languages:
Select another language: