agreement with a statement or proposal to do something
"he gave his assent eagerly"; "a murmur of acquiescence from the assembly"
assent, accede, acquiesce(verb)
to agree or express agreement
"The Maestro assented to the request for an encore"
agreement, act of agreeing
I will give this act my assent.
To agree to, give approval to.
Origin: noun assent and verb assentir
to admit a thing as true; to express one's agreement, acquiescence, concurrence, or concession
the act of assenting; the act of the mind in admitting or agreeing to anything; concurrence with approval; consent; agreement; acquiescence
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
as-sent′, v.i. to think or concur with, to admit as true (with to).—n. an agreeing or acquiescence: compliance.—adj. Assentā′neous, ready to agree.—ns. Assent′er, Assent′or, one of the eight voters who indorse the proposer and seconder's nomination of a candidate for election to the parliament of the United Kingdom.—adjs. Assen′tient, Assent′ive.—adv. Assent′ingly.—n. Assent′iveness.—Royal Assent, in England, the sovereign's formal acquiescence in a measure which has passed the two Houses of Parliament. [O. Fr. asenter, assent—L. assentāre, assentīre, L. ad, to, sentīre, to think.]
The numerical value of assent in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of assent in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Images & Illustrations of assent
Translations for assent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- одобрение, съгласявам се, съгласие, одобрявамBulgarian
- asentir, consentir, asentimientoSpanish
- myöntymys, myöntää, suostumus, suostuaFinnish
- assentiment, assentirFrench
- aontaScottish Gaelic
- assenso, assentireItalian
- samtykkjeNorwegian Nynorsk
- huñiy, añiyQuechua
- соглашаться, одобрять, согласие, одобрение, утверждениеRussian
- odobrenje, pristanakSerbo-Croatian
- samtycke, samtyckaSwedish
- kabul, kabul etmek, onaylamak, rıza göstermek, onayTurkish
Get even more translations for assent »
Find a translation for the assent definition in other languages:
Select another language: