Definitions for assentəˈsɛnt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word assent
agreement with a statement or proposal to do something
"he gave his assent eagerly"; "a murmur of acquiescence from the assembly"
assent, accede, acquiesce(verb)
to agree or express agreement
"The Maestro assented to the request for an encore"
agreement, act of agreeing
I will give this act my assent.
To agree to, give approval to.
Origin: noun assent and verb assentir
to admit a thing as true; to express one's agreement, acquiescence, concurrence, or concession
the act of assenting; the act of the mind in admitting or agreeing to anything; concurrence with approval; consent; agreement; acquiescence
Translations for assent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- одобрение, съгласявам се, съгласие, одобрявамBulgarian
- asentir, consentir, asentimientoSpanish
- myöntymys, myöntää, suostumus, suostuaFinnish
- assentiment, assentirFrench
- aontaScottish Gaelic
- assenso, assentireItalian
- samtykkjeNorwegian Nynorsk
- huñiy, añiyQuechua
- соглашаться, одобрять, согласие, одобрение, утверждениеRussian
- odobrenje, pristanakSerbo-Croatian
- samtycke, samtyckaSwedish
- kabul, kabul etmek, onaylamak, rıza göstermek, onayTurkish
Get even more translations for assent »
Find a translation for the assent definition in other languages:
Select another language: