Definitions for arrangementəˈreɪndʒ mənt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word arrangement
the thing arranged or agreed to
"they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
an orderly grouping (of things or persons) considered as a unit; the result of arranging
"a flower arrangement"
arrangement, organization, organisation, system(noun)
an organized structure for arranging or classifying
"he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
the spatial property of the way in which something is placed
"the arrangement of the furniture"; "the placement of the chairs"
musical arrangement, arrangement(noun)
a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments
arrangement, arranging, transcription(noun)
the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
The act of arranging.
The manner of being arranged.
A collection of things that have been arranged.
A particular way in which items are organized.
Preparations for some undertaking.
An adaptation of a piece of music for other instruments, or in another style.
Origin: From arrangement.
the act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form
the manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification; as, arrangement of one's dress; the Linnaean arrangement of plants
preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation; as, we have made arrangement for receiving company
settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a satisfactory arrangement
the adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written
a piece so adapted; a transcription; as, a pianoforte arrangement of Beethoven's symphonies; an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like
An arrangement is the adaptation of a previously written musical composition for presentation. It may differ from the original form by reharmonization, paraphrasing or development of the melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic structure. Orchestration differs in that it is only adapting music for an orchestra or musical ensemble while arranging "involves adding compositional techniques, such as new thematic material for introductions, transitions, or modulations, and endings...Arranging is the art of giving an existing melody musical variety".
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'arrangement' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3070
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'arrangement' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3964
Rank popularity for the word 'arrangement' in Nouns Frequency: #511
Translations for arrangement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- приготовления, мерки, устройство, подреждане, аранжимент, подредба, договореностBulgarian
- acuerdo, preparativos, arreglo, planes, disposiciónSpanish
- قرارداد، پیمانPersian
- sovittaminen, järjestelyt, järjestely, sommitelma, sovitus, järjestäminen, sovinto, järjestys, sopimus, asetelmaFinnish
- arrangement, accord, disposition, composition, préparatifsFrench
- rèiteachadhScottish Gaelic
- סידור, הסדרHebrew
- व्यवस्था, इंतज़ामHindi
- röðun, samkomulag, uppstilling, ráðstöfun, skipan, uppröðun, uppsetning, útsetningIcelandic
- accomodamento, arrangiamento, preparativi, sistemazione, compromesso, incontro, accordo, composizioneItalian
- išdėstymas, sutvarkymas, susitarimasLithuanian
- układ, aranżacja, umowaPolish
- preparativos, arranjo, acordo, arranjamentoPortuguese
- aranjament, aranjareRomanian
- расстановка, приведение в порядок, расположение, приготовлениеRussian
- priprave, pripreme, aranžmanSerbo-Croatian
- అమరిక, ఏర్పాట్లుTelugu
- düzenleme, aranjmanTurkish
Get even more translations for arrangement »
Find a translation for the arrangement definition in other languages:
Select another language: