Definitions for ardor
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ardor
ardor, ardour, elan, zeal(noun)
a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
"they were imbued with a revolutionary ardor"; "he felt a kind of religious zeal"
intense feeling of love
ardor, ardour, fervor, fervour, fervency, fire, fervidness(noun)
feelings of great warmth and intensity
"he spoke with great ardor"
Great warmth of feeling; fervor; passion.
Origin: From ardour, from ardor, from ardere.
heat, in a literal sense; as, the ardor of the sun's rays
warmth or heat of passion or affection; eagerness; zeal; as, he pursues study with ardor; the fought with ardor; martial ardor
bright and effulgent spirits; seraphim
Ardor is the second album by Love Spirals Downwards, an ethereal band on the US record label, Projekt Records. It was originally released in 1994; a remastered version, with extra tracks, was released in 2007.
Translations for ardor
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- жар, страст, плам, усърдиеBulgarian
- Feuereifer, Hitze, Begeisterung, ÜberschwangGerman
- pasión, fervor, ardorSpanish
- ardeur, ferveurFrench
- 熱情, 情熱Japanese
- ardoare, ardență, arșiță, ferbințeală, înflăcărare, pasiuneRomanian
- зной, жар, усердие, страсть, жара, пыл, рвениеRussian
- gorljivost, vatrenostSerbo-Croatian
- glöd, iver, passionSwedish
Get even more translations for ardor »
Find a translation for the ardor definition in other languages:
Select another language: