Definitions for annoyanceəˈnɔɪ əns
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word annoyance
irritation, annoyance, vexation, botheration(noun)
the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
annoyance, chafe, vexation(noun)
anger produced by some annoying irritation
an unpleasant person who is annoying or exasperating
annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass(noun)
something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
"washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
annoyance, annoying, irritation, vexation(noun)
the act of troubling or annoying someone
That which annoys.
An act or instance of annoying.
The psychological state of being annoyed or irritated.
Origin: anuiance, anoiance, from the verb anuier. Compare Modern French ennui
the act of annoying, or the state of being annoyed; molestation; vexation; annoy
that which annoys
Origin: [OF. anoiance, anuiance.]
Annoyance is an unpleasant mental state that is characterized by such effects as irritation and distraction from one's conscious thinking. It can lead to emotions such as frustration and anger. The property of being easily annoyed is called irritability.
Translations for annoyance
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дразне́не, раздразне́ние, закачане, доса́даBulgarian
- zlost, rozmrzelost, zlobaCzech
- Ärgernis, Verdruss, Ärger, VerärgerungGerman
- lata, disgusto, fastidio, irritaciónSpanish
- kiusa, ärsyttäminen, kenkutus, riesa, harmitus, keljutusFinnish
- ennui, nuisanceFrench
- fastidio, irritazione, seccatura, scocciaturaItalian
- whanowhanoā, kūrakurakuMāori
- раздраже́ние, неприя́тность, ньюснс, раздражённость, доса́да, надоеда́ниеRussian
Get even more translations for annoyance »
Find a translation for the annoyance definition in other languages:
Select another language: