Definitions for ancillaryˈæn səˌlɛr i; esp. Brit. ænˈsɪl ə ri
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ancillary
accessory, adjunct, ancillary, adjuvant, appurtenant, auxiliary(adj)
furnishing added support
"an ancillary pump"; "an adjuvant discipline to forms of mysticism"; "The mind and emotions are auxiliary to each other"
Something that serves an ancillary function, such as an easel for a painter.
An auxiliary; a subordinate.
Subordinate; secondary; auxiliary; accessory.
subservient or subordinate, like a handmaid; auxiliary
Origin: [L. ancillaris, fr. ancilla a female servant.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Let's show the Senate can work. Let's not go crazy with a bunch of ancillary things.
To the extent we can use that asset and leverage that asset into what I will call related and ancillary businesses ... I'm very open to it.
He wasn't a serious threat. He was most likely a nuisance hacker, it was his involvement in recruitment, communications and other ancillary support that would have made him a target.
Lower rates encourage people to invest, encourage businesses to make acquisitions, take on debt, expand their operations, the banks will benefit from more M&A, more stock listings, more bond and preferred share offerings, wealth management and ancillary services and loan demand.
What we have at Virtu is a technology plant that is multi-asset class, multi-currency and very low latency and very efficient and very scaled, to the extent we can use that asset and leverage that asset into what I will call related and ancillary businesses ... I'm very open to it.
Images & Illustrations of ancillary
Translations for ancillary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- помощен, спомагателенBulgarian
- auxiliarCatalan, Valencian
- sekundær, underordnetDanish
- zusatz-, hilfs-, neben-German
- subordinado, secundario, criado, accesorio, ayudante, auxiliar, apoyo, subordinadaSpanish
- apuväline, avustava, apu, apulainen, tuki, toissijainen, tukeva, alainenFinnish
- subordonné, secondaire, employé de maison, serviteur, domestique, aide à la personne, auxiliaire, ancillaire, boy, accessoireFrench
- subordinato, secondario, servo, domestico, ausiliareItalian
- ondergschikt, ondersteunendDutch
- pomocniczy, pomocnikPolish
- subordinado, auxiliar, ancilário, auxiliário, secundário, ancilarPortuguese
- вспомогательный, дополнительный, деталь, подсобный, подчинённыйRussian
- underordnad, sekundärSwedish
- yardımcı, taliTurkish
Get even more translations for ancillary »
Find a translation for the ancillary definition in other languages:
Select another language: