pleasantness resulting from agreeable conditions
"a well trained staff saw to the agreeableness of our accommodations"; "he discovered the amenities of reading at an early age"
We especially enjoyed the amenity of the climate on our last holiday.
A thing or circumstance that is welcome and makes life a little easier or more pleasant.
All the little amenities the hotel provided made our stay very enjoyable.
a unit pertaining to the infrastructure of a community, such as a public toilet, a postbox, a library etc.
Origin: From aménité, from amoenitas, from amoenus, of unknown origin.
the quality of being pleasant or agreeable, whether in respect to situation, climate, manners, or disposition; pleasantness; civility; suavity; gentleness
Origin: [F. amnit, L. amoenitas, fr. amoenus pleasant.]
In real property and lodging, amenities are any tangible or intangible benefits of a property, especially those that increase its attractiveness or value or that contribute to its comfort or convenience. Tangible amenities might include attractive guest rooms, Wi-Fi, dining, parks, swimming pools, golf courses, health club facilities, party rooms, theater or media rooms, bike paths, Lifts, community centers, services, or garages, for example. Intangible amenities might include pleasant views, nearby activities, good schools, or a low crime rate, all of which add to the desirability of a property.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
am-en′i-ti, n. pleasantness, as regards situation, climate, manners, or disposition. [Fr. aménité—L. amœnitas—amœnus, pleasant, from root of am-āre, to love.]
anytime, any time
The numerical value of amenity in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of amenity in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I viewed art from the inception of National Harbor as not an amenity, but as an integral part of the narrative and experience to the resort.
There are several ways in which hotel loyalty programs can meet and surpass consumer expectations: frequent promotions with concierge-quality services available to lower-tier members, automated check-ins without staff interaction; Wifi (which is no longer an amenity, but a requirement).
Images & Illustrations of amenity
Translations for amenity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- вежливост, любезностBulgarian
- amenitat, comoditatCatalan, Valencian
- Anmut, Einrichtung, Annehmlichkeit, Anlage, öffentliche EinrichtungGerman
- amenidad, servicio, comodidad, infraestructura, servicio públicoSpanish
- miellyttävyys, mukavuusFinnish
- aménité, agrément, commoditéFrench
- goireasScottish Gaelic
- հաճելիություն, հարմարությունArmenian
- kenyamanan, keenakanIndonesian
- კომფორტი, სიამოვნებაGeorgian
- voorziening, aangenaamheid, geriefelijkheidDutch
- regalo, comodidade, amenidadePortuguese
- мягкость, приятность, комфортабельность, удобствоRussian
- udobnost, komoditet, pogodnostSerbo-Croatian
- behaglighet, bekvämlighetSwedish
- hoşluk, memnuniyet, rahatlik, tatlılık, tesisTurkish
Get even more translations for amenity »
Find a translation for the amenity definition in other languages:
Select another language: