Definitions for altercationˌɔl tərˈkeɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word altercation
affray, altercation, fracas(noun)
Warm contention in words; dispute carried on with heat or anger; controversy; wrangle; wordy contest.
Origin: From altercation, from altercatio.
warm contention in words; dispute carried on with heat or anger; controversy; wrangle; wordy contest
The numerical value of altercation in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of altercation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There was an altercation of some kind.
It started with girls just talking about her, to exchanging words back and forth, to actually the physical altercation.
I was nothing more than a witness that day, i heard gunshots and saw a verbal altercation but beyond that, I was just there.
During that altercation, at least one less than lethal device was deployed, a Taser, however at this time we still do not know if that Taser did strike the suspect.
They had agreed to settle it, nothing besides that was said, even leading up to the altercation. They both took their shirts off and appeared like they were going to fight.
Images & Illustrations of altercation
Translations for altercation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- disputa, altercadoSpanish
- sanasota, tappelu, riita, jupakka, kiistaFinnish
- dispute, altercationFrench
- deila, orðasenna, orðakast, orðaskak, bræta, orðahnippingar, rifrildiIcelandic
- diatriba, discussione, disputa, alterco, litigio, diverbioItalian
- woordenwisseling, dispuutDutch
- ссо́ра, разбо́рка, ди́спут, перебра́нка, спорRussian
- verbalni, nesporazum, sukob, sporSerbo-Croatian
- gräl, ordväxlingSwedish
Get even more translations for altercation »
Find a translation for the altercation definition in other languages:
Select another language: