according to what has been alleged
"he was on trial for allegedly murdering his wife"
According to someone's allegation.
The suspect was allegedly involved in the robbery, but his alibi placed him in another state at the time.
According to someone's conspicuous impressions (which could be alleged ensuingly).
The game is allegedly exciting.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'allegedly' in Adverbs Frequency: #422
The numerical value of allegedly in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of allegedly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Images & Illustrations of allegedly
Translations for allegedly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- presumptamentCatalan, Valencian
- prý, údajněCzech
- vermeintlich, angeblichGerman
- állítólag, vélhetőlegHungarian
- visstnok, angiveligNorwegian
- przypuszczalnie, rzekomoPolish
- будто бы, якобыRussian
- påstått, försäkrat, åberopatSwedish
- sözde, iddiaya göreTurkish
Get even more translations for allegedly »
Find a translation for the allegedly definition in other languages:
Select another language: