Definitions for airborneˈɛərˌbɔrn, -ˌboʊrn
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word airborne
moved or conveyed by or through air
in flight; flying; -- said of an airplane.
(Mil.) carried directly to the site of battle by aircraft; -- said of combat troops, as, an airborne division.
Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
In or carried by the air.
Airborne pollen can aggravate allergies.
Origin: Attested since the 1640s;
Airborne is a 1993 American comedy-drama film centered around inline skating, starring Shane McDermott, Seth Green, Brittney Powell, Chris Conrad, Jacob Vargas and a then-unknown Jack Black.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In relation to personnel, troops especially trained to effect, following transport by air, an assault debarkation, either by parachuting or touchdown. 2. In
Translations for airborne
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- في الجوArabic
- transportat per l'aireCatalan, Valencian
- über die Luft transportiertGerman
- aerotransportado, transportado por el aire, volandoSpanish
- lintas udaraIndonesian
- in volo, aviotrasportato, trasportato dall'ariaItalian
- w trakcie lotuPolish
Get even more translations for airborne »
Find a translation for the airborne definition in other languages:
Select another language: