Definitions for adversary
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word adversary
adversary, antagonist, opponent, opposer, resister(noun)
someone who offers opposition
An opponent or rival.
Origin: aversaire (in Wace's Life of Saint Margaret), from aversier, aversaire (French adversaire), from adversarius, from adversus.
one who is turned against another or others with a design to oppose or resist them; a member of an opposing or hostile party; an opponent; an antagonist; an enemy; a foe
opposed; opposite; adverse; antagonistic
having an opposing party; not unopposed; as, an adversary suit
The Adversary is a fictional character, a demonic supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
A party acknowledged as potentially hostile to a friendly party and against which the use of force may be envisaged.
Images & Illustrations of adversary
Translations for adversary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съперник, неприятел, противникBulgarian
- adversario, adversariaSpanish
- هماورد, همیستارPersian
- vihollinen, vastustaja, vastapuoliFinnish
- adversaire, ennemiFrench
- אויב, יריבHebrew
- andstæðingur, óvinurIcelandic
- avversario, avversariaItalian
- 相手, 敵Japanese
- adversarius, adversariaLatin
- opponent, motstanderNorwegian
- adwersarz, przeciwnikPolish
- противница, неприятель, соперник, соперница, неприятельницаRussian
- protivník, odporcaSlovak
- đối thủVietnamese
Get even more translations for adversary »
Find a translation for the adversary definition in other languages:
Select another language: