willing to undertake or seeking out new and daring enterprises
"adventurous pioneers"; "the risks and gains of an adventuresome economy"
Inclined to adventure; willing to incur risks; prone to embark in hazardous enterprise; rashly daring.
Full of hazard; attended with risk; exposing to danger; requiring courage; rash.
inclined to adventure; willing to incur hazard; prone to embark in hazardous enterprise; rashly daring; -- applied to persons
full of hazard; attended with risk; exposing to danger; requiring courage; rash; -- applied to acts; as, an adventurous undertaking, deed, song
The numerical value of adventurous in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of adventurous in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I did everything I could to destroy the image! It's all due to Altman, who was very adventurous.
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.
I think Alaska just called to him because it is such an incredibly remote, adventurous place. It really suited his personality.
Colombia is one of the greatest countries in the world, it's one of the most fun and adventurous countries you can find in South America.
Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world -- making the most of one's best.
Images & Illustrations of adventurous
Translations for adventurous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- авантюристичен, рискован, опасенBulgarian
- aventurerCatalan, Valencian
- abenteuerlich, abenteuerlustigGerman
- aventurado, arriesgado, intrépido, aventureroSpanish
- uskalias, seikkailunhaluinenFinnish
- aventureux, hasardeuxFrench
- 冒険的, 冒険好きJapanese
- abenteuerlechLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- gewaagd, avontuurlijk, ondernemendDutch
- eventyrlegNorwegian Nynorsk
- pełen przygódPolish
- опа́сный, авантю́рный, авантюристи́чный, риско́ванныйRussian
- serüvenli, tehlikeli, maceraperestTurkish
Get even more translations for adventurous »
Find a translation for the adventurous definition in other languages:
Select another language: