Definitions for admirationˌæd məˈreɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word admiration
a feeling of delighted approval and liking
wonder, wonderment, admiration(noun)
the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
a favorable judgment
"a small token in admiration of your works"
Wonder mingled with approbation or delight; an emotion excited by a person or thing possessed of wonderful or high excellence; as, admiration of a beautiful woman, of a landscape, of virtue.
Wonder or questioning, without any particular positive or negative attitude to the subject.
wonder mingled with approbation or delight; an emotion excited by a person or thing possessed of wonderful or high excellence; as, admiration of a beautiful woman, of a landscape, of virtue
cause of admiration; something to excite wonder, or pleased surprise; a prodigy
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. The smile of Spite. 2. To secretly wish evil to one who has given us pleasure. 3. A form of shamefaced flattery. 4. To murder and go scot-free. _E. g._, "I admire him very much." "Ah, so that is the reason he has become thoughtful!" From Bean's _Meditations of a Vegetarian_.
The numerical value of admiration in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of admiration in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Ignorance is the mother of admiration.
Familiarity breeds contempt, while rarity wins admiration.
Between flattery and admiration there often flows a river of contempt.
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe...
Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.
Images & Illustrations of admiration
Translations for admiration
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- valeh olmaAzerbaijani
- bewûnderingWestern Frisian
- rajongás, csodálat, bámulatHungarian
- 感心, 賞賛Japanese
- BewonnerungLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- admirație, admirareRomanian
- восхищение, восторгRussian
- divljenje, дивљењеSerbo-Croatian
- sự khâm phụcVietnamese
Get even more translations for admiration »
Find a translation for the admiration definition in other languages:
Select another language: