Definitions for academicianˌæk ə dəˈmɪʃ ən, əˌkæd ə-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word academician
someone elected to honorary membership in an academy
a scholar who is skilled in academic disputation
academician, academic, faculty member(noun)
an educator who works at a college or university
A member or follower of an academy, or society for promoting science, art, or literature, as of the French Academy, or the Royal Academy of Arts.
A collegian - Chesterfield
A member of the faculty of a college or university.
a member of an academy, or society for promoting science, art, or literature, as of the French Academy, or the Royal Academy of arts
The title Academician denotes a Full Member of an art, literary, or scientific academy. In many countries, it is an honorary title. However, in some other systems, like Academy of Sciences of USSR it gave very real privileges and administrative responsibilities for funding allocation and research priorities.
Translations for academician
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- acadèmicCatalan, Valencian
- Studentin, Akademiker, Student, AkademikerinGerman
- academista, académico, académicaSpanish
- 学生, 大学生, 学者, 学徒, アカデミー会員Japanese
- akadēmiķe, akadēmiķisLatvian
- academicus, academielidDutch
- академик, преподавательница, студент, преподаватель, профессор, студенткаRussian
- akademiledamot, akademimedlemSwedish
Get even more translations for academician »
Find a translation for the academician definition in other languages:
Select another language: