Definitions for abortəˈbɔrt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word abort
the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed
"I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
terminate before completion
"abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
cease development, die, and be aborted
"an aborting fetus"
terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
to stop, cease, or fail prior to normal completion.
to cause (an action or process) to stop at an early stage, or before normal completion; as, to abort a rocket flight.
to miscarry; to bring forth young prematurely
to become checked in normal development, so as either to remain rudimentary or shrink away wholly; to become sterile
an untimely birth
an aborted offspring
Origin: [L. abortus, fr. aboriri.]
Abort is the second album from the Boston, MA alternative band Tribe. It is also their major label debut after being signed up by Warner Bros. Records. The album was released in August 27, 1991, a year after "Here at the Home". The album is mostly re-recorded versions of tracks from "Here at the Home"; eight of the ten tracks from "Here at the Home" were re-recorded for "Abort", with four brand new tracks. Three singles were released from the album as EPs; "Easter Dinner", "Payphone", and "Joyride", the latter of which also spawned the band's first ever music video.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. To terminate a mission for any reason other than enemy action. It may occur at any point after the beginning of the mission and prior to its completion. 2. To discontinue aircraft takeoff or missile launch.
Translations for abort
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- аборт, помятане, помятам, абортирамBulgarian
- avortament, avortarCatalan, Valencian
- Abbruch, abbrechen, Abort, SchwangerschaftsabbruchGerman
- abortar, abortoSpanish
- katkestus, katkestamineEstonian
- سقط جنینPersian
- keskeyttää, keskenmeno, abortoida, [[tehdä]] [[abortti]], keskonen, keskeytysFinnish
- s'arrêter, fausse couche, avorter, abandonner, interrompre, échouer, avortonFrench
- fermare, fallire, abortire, interrompereItalian
- aborteren, stoppen, annulerenDutch
- abortado, abortar, cancelar, aborto, abort, abortamento, perderPortuguese
- avort, întrerupere de sarcinăRomanian
- аборт, выкидышRussian
- pobaciti, pobačajSerbo-Croatian
- abortera, förkrympa, stoppa, missfall, rudimentär, avbryta, abortSwedish
- గర్భస్రావం, గర్భ విచ్ఛిత్తి, అకాల ప్రసవం, నిలుపు, నిలిచిపోవు, ఆగిపోవు, గర్భపాతం, గర్భోత్పాటనం, ఆపుTelugu
Get even more translations for abort »
Find a translation for the abort definition in other languages:
Select another language: