Definitions for abide by
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word abide by
comply, follow, abide by(verb)
act in accordance with someone's rules, commands, or wishes
"He complied with my instructions"; "You must comply or else!"; "Follow these simple rules"; "abide by the rules"
respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe(verb)
show respect towards
"honor your parents!"
To accept a decision or law and act in accordance with it; to conform to; to acquiesce; as, to abide by an award.
To remain faithful to something or someone; to stand to; to adhere.
The numerical value of abide by in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of abide by in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Everybody should have to abide by the same rules.
Try to find your deepest issue in every confusion, and abide by that.
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.
We want the government to abide by the Constitution... and to play by the rules.
If we abide by the principles taught by the Bible, our country will go on prospering.
Images & Illustrations of abide by
Translations for abide by
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- beistehen, einhaltenGerman
- [[someter]]se a, [[someter]]se, [[adherir]]se a, observarSpanish
- pitää kiinni, noudattaa, pysyäFinnish
- tenir, soumettre, rester, obéir, conformerFrench
- [[su]] [[sub-misar]]Ido
- [[conformarsi]] a, mantenere, [[rimanere]] [[fedele]]Italian
- 従う, 守るJapanese
- соблюдать, соблюсти, блюсти, остаться верным, оставаться вернымRussian
- hålla sig tillSwedish
- ยึดมั่นใน, ปฏิบัติตามThai
- uymak, sadık kalmakTurkish
Get even more translations for abide by »
Find a translation for the abide by definition in other languages:
Select another language: