Definitions for abductionæbˈdʌk ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word abduction
the criminal act of capturing and carrying away by force a family member; if a man's wife is abducted it is a crime against the family relationship and against the wife
(physiology) moving of a body part away from the central axis of the body
The act of abducing or abducting; a drawing apart; a carrying away; the movement which separates a limb or other part from the axis, or middle line, of the body.
The wrongful, and usually the forcible, carrying off of a human being.
the abduction of a child
A syllogism or form of argument in which the major premise is evident, but the minor is only probable.
Origin: * First attested in 1626.
the act of abducing or abducting; a drawing apart; a carrying away
the movement which separates a limb or other part from the axis, or middle line, of the body
the wrongful, and usually the forcible, carrying off of a human being; as, the abduction of a child, the abduction of an heiress
a syllogism or form of argument in which the major is evident, but the minor is only probable
Abduction, in functional anatomy, is a movement which draws a limb away from the median sagittal plane of the body. It is thus opposed to adduction.
Translations for abduction
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- отвличане, похищение, абду́кцияBulgarian
- únos, abdukceCzech
- Entführung, AbduktionGerman
- rapto, secuestro, abducciónSpanish
- abduktio, sieppaus, poisvienti, ihmisryöstö, poistaminen, [[abduktiivinen]] [[päättely]], kidnappaus, loitonnusFinnish
- abduction, rapt, enlèvementFrench
- abduzione, rapimento, sequestroItalian
- მოტაცება, აბდუქციაGeorgian
- 誘拐, 유괴Korean
- abductiō, raptiōLatin
- schaking, abductie, ontvoering, ontvoeren, kidnappingDutch
- bortføring, abduksjon, kidnappingNorwegian
- abducção, rapto, abdução, seqüestroPortuguese
- похище́ние, абду́кцияRussian
Get even more translations for abduction »
Find a translation for the abduction definition in other languages:
Select another language: