a lot, lots, a good deal, a great deal, much, very much(adverb)
to a very great degree or extent
"I feel a lot better"; "we enjoyed ourselves very much"; "she was very much interested"; "this would help a great deal"
A large amount.
Many things, much.
very much; a great deal; to a large extent.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'a lot' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3150
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'a lot' in Written Corpus Frequency: #837
alto, ATOL, lota, tola
The numerical value of a lot in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of a lot in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If writing a lot alone could help a person to make a lot of money, then a lot of people would have been the authors only.
People in Panama will report a lot of daily happiness, a lot of daily smiling and laughter, and a lot of daily enjoyment without a lot of stress and worry.
Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.
But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.
I had some benign conditions this morning and hit a lot of good shots and made a lot of putts, so it was great, a lot of my putts did n’t have a lot of break to them. I did n’t really have that many difficult putts.
Images & Illustrations of a lot
Translations for a lot
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- كثيرًا, كثيرArabic
- шмат, мно́гаBelarusian
- sovint, freqüentment, moltCatalan, Valencian
- často, mnoho, moc, spousta, fůra, velmi mnoho, hodněCzech
- viel, oft, vielesGerman
- πολλά, πολύGreek
- multa, ofte, multeEsperanto
- un montón, frecuentemente, muchoSpanish
- زیاد, مقدار زیاد, خیلی زیادPersian
- paljon, usein, hyvin paljonFinnish
- souvent, beaucoupFrench
- a lán, mórán, neartIrish
- כמות גדולה, הרבהHebrew
- बहुत साराHindi
- anpilHaitian Creole
- egy csomó, egy rakat, rengeteg, sok, számos, gyakranHungarian
- շատ, հաճախArmenian
- molto, spessoItalian
- 多い, よく, たくさん, 度々, しばしば, 沢山Japanese
- 많은, 많이, 자주Korean
- често, многупати, многуMacedonian
- veel, vaakDutch
- mange, ofte, myeNorwegian
- díí óolyé dooląąłNavajo, Navaho
- dużo, często, mnóstwo, wielePolish
- muita, um monte, muito, bastantePortuguese
- мно́го, мно́гое, ча́сто, многоRussian
- mycket, en hel del, ofta, mångaSwedish
- bir sürü, çok, bir ton, çok sıkTurkish
- nhiều, rất nhiềuVietnamese
Get even more translations for a lot »
Find a translation for the a lot definition in other languages:
Select another language: