Definitions for Winnerˈwɪn ər
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
a person or thing that wins; victor.
Origin of winner:
the contestant who wins the contest
a gambler who wins a bet
achiever, winner, success, succeeder(noun)
a person with a record of successes
"his son would never be the achiever that his father was"; "only winners need apply"; "if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
sb who wins
the competition winner; the winner of the 2004 golf tournament
One who has won or often wins.
A point or goal that wins a competition.
one who wins, or gains by success in competition, contest, or gaming
Winner is a city in Tripp County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 2,897 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Tripp County. Winner also serves as the administrative center of neighboring Todd County, which does not have its own county seat. The nearest airport is Winner Regional Airport. Winner is very well known for its pheasant season. Pheasant season runs from October to December and brings many individuals from throughout the United States. On May 22 2010, an EF2 tornado was reported in the Winner area. While the tornado caused minor damage in the city, no fatalities were reported. Winner is also jokingly referred to the location of Nerdfighteria, the community for nerds, as created by the followers of John and Hank Green. Winner is halfway between where John and Hank live today.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. n. An unexpectedly good situation, program, programmer, or person. 2. real winner: Often sarcastic, but also used as high praise (see also the note under user). “He's a real winner — never reports a bug till he can duplicate it and send in an example.”
Translations for Winner
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
- فائِز، رابِحArabic
- vencedorPortuguese (BR)
- vítěz, -kaCzech
- der/die Gewinner(in)German
- ganador, vencedorSpanish
- nyerő, nyertes, győztesHungarian
- vincitore, vincitriceItalian
- uzvarētājs; laimētājsLatvian
- ګټونكى، وړونكى: سوبمن، بريالى: دلوبې اتلPashto
- víťaz, -kaSlovak
- kazanan/galip gelen kimseTurkish
- 優勝者Chinese (Trad.)
- переможець; призерUkrainian
- người thắng cuộcVietnamese
- 优胜者Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Winner »
Find a translation for the Winner definition in other languages:
Select another language: