someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
A person who is actively engaged in battle, conflict or warfare; a soldier or combatant.
A person who is aggressively, courageously, or energetically involved in an activity, such as athletics.
a man engaged or experienced in war, or in the military life; a soldier; a champion
Origin: [OE. werreour, OF. werreour, guerreor, from guerre, werre, war. See War, and Warray.]
A warrior is a person skilled in combat or warfare, especially within the context of a tribal or clan-based society that recognizes a separate warrior class.
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. A soldier de luxe. 2. A successful, patriotic thug who has been dead fifty years or more. 3. A fearless person who gains renown by the number of alcoholic drinks he has taken in a day and by the variety and virulence of the venereal diseases he has contracted. 4. A myth, a fable, a lie.
Song lyrics by warrior -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by warrior on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'Warrior' in Nouns Frequency: #2823
The numerical value of Warrior in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Warrior in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He was a warrior-poet who loved life and loved people.
Let us remember King Richard III: The good king. The warrior king.
Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death.
He will be a road warrior, there is a lot of demand for inorganic growth from our firms.
Images & Illustrations of Warrior
Translations for Warrior
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مقاتل, محاربArabic
- guerrerCatalan, Valencian
- válečník, bojovníkCzech
- μαχητής, πολεμιστήςGreek
- taistelija, soturi, sotilasFinnish
- laoch, gaiscíochIrish
- gaisgeach, laochScottish Gaelic
- לוֹחֶמֶת, לוֹחֵםHebrew
- लड़ाका, योद्धाHindi
- մարտիկ, ռազմիկArmenian
- pendekar, pejuangIndonesian
- 武士, 武者, 武人, 戦士Japanese
- 싸울아비, 전사, 武士, 무사, 戰士Korean
- bellator, bellatrix, pugnatorLatin
- karotājs, cīnītājs, karavīrsLatvian
- kriger, warriorNorwegian
- naabaahiiNavajo, Navaho
- bojownik, wojownik, żołnierzPolish
- guerreiro, guerreiraPortuguese
- luptător, războinicRomanian
- солдат, боец, воинRussian
- borec, bojevnik, vojščakSlovene
- аскар, ҷанговарTajik
- вояк, воїн, боєцьUkrainian
Get even more translations for Warrior »
Find a translation for the Warrior definition in other languages:
Select another language: