Definitions for WRAPræp
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word WRAP
cloak that is folded or wrapped around a person
a sandwich in which the filling is rolled up in a soft tortilla
wrapping, wrap, wrapper(verb)
the covering (usually paper or cellophane) in which something is wrapped
wrap, wrap up(verb)
arrange or fold as a cover or protection
"wrap the baby before taking her out"; "Wrap the present"
wind, wrap, roll, twine(verb)
arrange or or coil around
"roll your hair around your finger"; "Twine the thread around the spool"; "She wrapped her arms around the child"
envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose(verb)
enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering
"Fog enveloped the house"
crash into so as to coil around
"The teenager wrapped his car around the fire hydrant"
A garment that one wraps around the body to keep oneself warm.
A type of food consisting of various ingredients wrapped in a pancake.
The completion of all or a major part of a performance.
To enclose (an object) completely in any flexible, thin material such as fabric or paper.
To enclose or coil around an object or organism, as a form of grasping. A prerequisite to constriction in snakes.
To finish shooting (filming) a video, television show, or movie.
To avoid going over budget, let's make sure we wrap by ten.
Origin: From wrappen, from *wræppan, *wrappan, from wrappanan, from werp-, werb-. Cognate with Middle English wlappen, lappen, dialectal vravle, wrempen, goluppare (from Germanic). More at lap, envelop.
to snatch up; transport; -- chiefly used in the p. p. wrapt
to wind or fold together; to arrange in folds
to cover by winding or folding; to envelop completely; to involve; to infold; -- often with up
to conceal by enveloping or infolding; to hide; hence, to involve, as an effect or consequence; to be followed by
a wrapper; -- often used in the plural for blankets, furs, shawls, etc., used in riding or traveling
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'WRAP' in Verbs Frequency: #642
Translations for WRAP
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لف, غلفArabic
- embolicarCatalan, Valencian
- plášť, přehozCzech
- hüllen, einwickeln, Schal, wickeln, Umhang, umhüllen, einpackenGerman
- envolver, wrap, fajar, chalSpanish
- بستهبندی کردن, پیختنPersian
- peitto, purkittaa, kiertää, wrap, kätkeä, wrappi, kääriä, rullaFinnish
- envelopper, wrap, crêpe, emballerFrench
- עטף, כרךHebrew
- sandwich arrotolato, cappotto, incartare, scialle, avvolgere, impacchettare, avviluppare, rotolo, sciarpaItalian
- 包装, 包むJapanese
- omslag, inpakkenDutch
- empacotar, embalar, embrulharPortuguese
- veșmânt, împacheta, șal, înfășuraRomanian
- обернуть, завернуть, шаль, заворачивать, оборачиватьRussian
- wrap, skynke, emballera, slå in, klä in, crêpe, linda in, sjal, paketeraSwedish
- bao bọc, baoVietnamese
- הילן, וויקלעןYiddish
Get even more translations for WRAP »
Find a translation for the WRAP definition in other languages:
Select another language: