Definitions for WARMwɔrm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word WARM
having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat
"a warm body"; "a warm room"; "a warm climate"; "a warm coat"
psychologically warm; friendly and responsive
"a warm greeting"; "a warm personality"; "warm support"
(color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows
"warm reds and yellows and orange"
affectionate, fond, lovesome, tender, warm(adj)
having or displaying warmth or affection
"affectionate children"; "a fond embrace"; "fond of his nephew"; "a tender glance"; "a warm embrace"
freshly made or left
"a warm trail"; "the scent is warm"
easily aroused or excited
"a quick temper"; "a warm temper"
characterized by strong enthusiasm
"ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement
"a warm debate"
uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble
"made things warm for the bookies"
of a seeker; near to the object sought
"you're getting warm"; "hot on the trail"
warm, warm up(verb)
get warm or warmer
"The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
make warm or warmer
"The blanket will warm you"
in a warm manner
"warmly dressed"; "warm-clad skiers"
having heat in a moderate degree; not cold as, warm milk
having a sensation of heat, esp. of gentle heat; glowing
subject to heat; having prevalence of heat, or little or no cold weather; as, the warm climate of Egypt
fig.: Not cool, indifferent, lukewarm, or the like, in spirit or temper; zealous; ardent; fervent; excited; sprightly; irritable; excitable
violent; vehement; furious; excited; passionate; as, a warm contest; a warm debate
being well off as to property, or in good circumstances; forehanded; rich
in children's games, being near the object sought for; hence, being close to the discovery of some person, thing, or fact concealed
having yellow or red for a basis, or in their composition; -- said of colors, and opposed to cold which is of blue and its compounds
to communicate a moderate degree of heat to; to render warm; to supply or furnish heat to; as, a stove warms an apartment
to make engaged or earnest; to interest; to engage; to excite ardor or zeal; to enliven
to become warm, or moderately heated; as, the earth soon warms in a clear day summer
to become ardent or animated; as, the speake/ warms as he proceeds
the act of warming, or the state of being warmed; a warming; a heating
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'WARM' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1701
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'WARM' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1313
Rank popularity for the word 'WARM' in Verbs Frequency: #848
Rank popularity for the word 'WARM' in Adjectives Frequency: #173
Translations for WARM
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- دافئ, دفيءArabic
- tomm, klouarBreton
- càlid, calentCatalan, Valencian
- teplý, ohřát, vřelý, zahřátCzech
- varm, holde, varme, interessere, opvarme, lunDanish
- fürsorglich, warm, warmherzig, wärmenGerman
- cálido, calentar, caliente, calurosoSpanish
- lämmitellä, lämmin, lämpöinen, palava, lämmetä, lämmittääFinnish
- réchauffer, chaud, chaleureuse, chauffer, cordial, enflammée, chaude, échauffer, chaleureux, cordiale, enflamméFrench
- waarmWestern Frisian
- blàth, garScottish Gaelic
- morno, quenteGalician
- נפתח, חמה, חמים, חמימה, חם, חימםHebrew
- गर्म, गरमHindi
- տաք, ջերմArmenian
- cordial, calorose, calideInterlingua
- caldo, affezionarsi a, caloroso, scaldare, cordiale, accostarsi a, riscaldare, ardenteItalian
- 温める, 暖かい, 温かい, 暖めるJapanese
- calefacio, calesco, caleo, calidusLatin
- wuarm, waarm, wiermenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- silts, sildītLatvian
- နွေး, ပူBurmese
- warmlopen, warm, verwarmen, warm houden, opwarmenDutch
- varmeNorwegian Nynorsk
- ciepły, żarliwy, ogrzewaćPolish
- esquentar, morno, caloroso, aquecer, cordialPortuguese
- cald, caldă, apropiată, încălzi, apropiatRomanian
- grijati, topao, топао, žarkiSerbo-Croatian
- ogreti, topel, segreti, gretiSlovene
- సాదరంగా, సాదరమైన, వెచ్చనిTelugu
Get even more translations for WARM »
Find a translation for the WARM definition in other languages:
Select another language: