Definitions for Tissueˈtɪʃ u; esp. Brit. ˈtɪs yu
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Tissue
part of an organism consisting of an aggregate of cells having a similar structure and function
tissue, tissue paper(verb)
a soft thin (usually translucent) paper
create a piece of cloth by interlacing strands of fabric, such as wool or cotton
Thin, woven, gauze-like fabric.
A sheet of absorbent paper, especially one that is made to be used as tissue paper, toilet paper or a handkerchief.
Absorbent paper as material.
A group of similar cells that function together to do a specific job
To form tissue of; to interweave.
Covered with cloth of gold tissued upon blue. uE00027296uE001 Francis Bacon.
a woven fabric
a fine transparent silk stuff, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures
one of the elementary materials or fibres, having a uniform structure and a specialized function, of which ordinary animals and plants are composed; a texture; as, epithelial tissue; connective tissue
fig.: Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series; as, a tissue of forgeries, or of falsehood
to form tissue of; to interweave
An anatomical structure consisting of similarly specialized cells and intercellular matrix, aggregated according to genetically determined spatial relationships, performing a specific function.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Tissue' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4431
Rank popularity for the word 'Tissue' in Nouns Frequency: #1424
Images & Illustrations of Tissue
Translations for Tissue
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- teixitCatalan, Valencian
- lommetørklæde, toiletpapir, væv, stof, servietDanish
- Tuch, Gewebe, Papier, Toilettenpapier, TaschentuchGerman
- ιστός, χαρτί, ύφασμα, πλέγμα, ορμαθόςGreek
- دستمال, بافتPersian
- vessapaperiarkki, harsokudos, pehmopaperi, talouspaperi, kudos, harsokangas, paperiliina, solukko, paperinenäliinaFinnish
- tissu, kleenex, mouchoir en papierFrench
- ciarsúr páipéirIrish
- maothranScottish Gaelic
- נייר סופג, רקמה, טישוHebrew
- 組織, 織物, ティッシュペーパー, ティッシュJapanese
- ткиво, салфеткаMacedonian
- weefsel, tissue, zakdoek, papieren zakdoekjeDutch
- tecido, [[papel]] [[absorvente]], lenço de papelPortuguese
- batistă, șervețel, țesutRomanian
- ткань, салфеткаRussian
- tkivo, robec, robčekSlovene
- näsduk, vävnadSwedish
- khăn giấyVietnamese
Get even more translations for Tissue »
Find a translation for the Tissue definition in other languages:
Select another language: