Definitions for TOTALˈtoʊt l
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word TOTAL
sum, total, totality, aggregate(noun)
the whole amount
sum, amount, total(adj)
a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
entire, full, total(adj)
constituting the full quantity or extent; complete
"an entire town devastated by an earthquake"; "gave full attention"; "a total failure"
complete in extent or degree and in every particular
"a full game"; "a total eclipse"; "a total disaster"
total, number, add up, come, amount(verb)
add up in number or quantity
"The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up(verb)
determine the sum of
"Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
damage beyond the point of repair
"My son totaled our new car"; "the rock star totals his guitar at every concert"
An amount obtained by the addition of smaller amounts.
A total of u00A3145 was raised by the bring-and-buy stall.
The total of 4, 5 and 6 is 15.
To add up; to calculate the sum of.
When we totalled the takings, we always got a different figure.
To equal a total of; to amount to.
That totals seven times so far.
to demolish; to wreck completely. (from total loss)
Honey, Iu2019m OK, but Iu2019ve totaled the car.
To amount to; to add up to.
It totals nearly a pound.
Entire; relating to the whole of something.
He is a total failure.
Origin: From total, from totalis, from totus, of unknown origin. Perhaps related to , (acc.), from tewtéh₂. More at Dutch.
whole; not divided; entire; full; complete; absolute; as, a total departure from the evidence; a total loss
the whole; the whole sum or amount; as, these sums added make the grand total of five millions
Total was an American R&B girl group and one of the signature acts of Sean Combs' Bad Boy Records imprint during the 1990s. The group consisted of members Kima Raynor, Keisha Spivey, and Pamela Long.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'TOTAL' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #799
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'TOTAL' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1310
Rank popularity for the word 'TOTAL' in Nouns Frequency: #880
Rank popularity for the word 'TOTAL' in Verbs Frequency: #979
Rank popularity for the word 'TOTAL' in Adjectives Frequency: #94
Images & Illustrations of TOTAL
Translations for TOTAL
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- total, sumaCatalan, Valencian
- naprostý, totální, celý, součet, úhrnCzech
- zusammenaddieren, zusammennehmen, komplett, total, gesamt, Gesamtsumme, Summe, aufaddieren, schrotten, ganz, GesamtbetragGerman
- total, sumaSpanish
- summa, täysi, laskea yhteen, olla, tehdä, totaalinen, täydellinen, koko, summata, tuhota, määräFinnish
- totaliser, total, tout, somme, entierFrench
- összes, teljes, végösszeg, összegHungarian
- intero, totale, sommaItalian
- 総額, 和, 総和, 完全な, 全部, 総計Japanese
- hilweşandin, hemû, tev, tevayî, temam, giş, tevandin, ruxandinKurdish
- somma, summa, totus, solidusLatin
- bijeentellen, gehele, optellen, totale, gelijk zijn aan, in de prak rijden, compleet, geheel, totaal, som, volledige, complete, uitkomen op, volledigDutch
- soma, totalPortuguese
- полный, сумма, тотальный, весь, целый, итогRussian
- idadi, jumlaSwahili
- మొత్తము, కూడుట, లెక్క, సరాసరి, పూర్తి, అన్నిTelugu
Get even more translations for TOTAL »
Find a translation for the TOTAL definition in other languages:
Select another language: