Definitions for Swarmswɔrm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Swarm
drove, horde, swarm(noun)
a moving crowd
a group of many things in the air or on the ground
"a swarm of insects obscured the light"; "clouds of blossoms"; "it discharged a cloud of spores"
teem, pullulate, swarm(verb)
be teeming, be abuzz
"The garden was swarming with bees"; "The plaza is teeming with undercover policemen"; "her mind pullulated with worries"
pour, swarm, stream, teem, pullulate(verb)
move in large numbers
"people were pouring out of the theater"; "beggars pullulated in the plaza"
A large number of insects, especially when in motion or (for bees) migrating to a new colony.
A mass of people or animals in turmoil.
To move as a swarm.
To teem, or be overrun with insects.
To fill a place as a swarm.
To overwhelm as by an opposing army.
To climb by gripping with arms and legs.
to climb a tree, pole, or the like, by embracing it with the arms and legs alternately. See Shin
a large number or mass of small animals or insects, especially when in motion
especially, a great number of honeybees which emigrate from a hive at once, and seek new lodgings under the direction of a queen; a like body of bees settled permanently in a hive
hence, any great number or multitude, as of people in motion, or sometimes of inanimate objects; as, a swarm of meteorites
to collect, and depart from a hive by flight in a body; -- said of bees; as, bees swarm in warm, clear days in summer
to appear or collect in a crowd; to throng together; to congregate in a multitude
to be crowded; to be thronged with a multitude of beings in motion
to abound; to be filled (with)
to breed multitudes
to crowd or throng
Translations for Swarm
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- στίφος, εσμός, σμήνος, όχλοςGreek
- multitud, muchedumbre, enjambre, masa, aglomeraciónSpanish
- vyöryä, kiivetä, vyöryttää, parvi, laumaFinnish
- nuée, grouillement, essaimFrench
- sgaoth, sluaghScottish Gaelic
- sokaság, hemzseg, raj, horda, mászikHungarian
- վխտալ, պարսArmenian
- sciame, pullulare, nugoloItalian
- 群衆, 群れJapanese
- rearea, ngahue, ngahuaMāori
- zwerm, menigte, massaDutch
- mrowie, rójPolish
- nuvem, correição, enxame, turba, roda-viva, tropel, multidão, turbamulta, turbilhão, barafundaPortuguese
- стая, толпа, рой, карабкатьсяRussian
- roj, ројSerbo-Croatian
- рій, натовп, юрба, кишітиUkrainian
Get even more translations for Swarm »
Find a translation for the Swarm definition in other languages:
Select another language: