Definitions for Salvageˈsæl vɪdʒ
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
sal•vageˈsæl vɪdʒ(n.; v.)-vaged, -vag•ing.
(n.)the act of saving a ship or its cargo from perils of the seas.
the act of saving anything from destruction or danger.
the property, goods, etc., so saved.
compensation given to those who voluntarily save a ship or its cargo.
the value or proceeds upon sale of goods recovered from a fire.
(v.t.)to save from shipwreck, fire, or other peril; rescue; recover.
Origin of salvage:
1635–45; < OF; see save1, -age
property or goods saved from damage or destruction
the act of saving goods or property that were in danger of damage or destruction
the act of rescuing a ship or its crew or its cargo from a shipwreck or a fire
salvage, salve, relieve, save(verb)
save from ruin, destruction, or harm
collect discarded or refused material
"She scavenged the garbage cans for food"
the act of saving a vessel, goods, or life, from perils of the sea
the compensation allowed to persons who voluntarily assist in saving a ship or her cargo from peril
that part of the property that survives the peril and is saved
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. Property that has some value in excess of its basic material content but is in such condition that it has no reasonable prospect of use for any purpose as a unit and its repair or rehabilitation for use as a unit is clearly impractical. 2. The saving or rescuing of condemned, discarded, or abandoned property, and of materials contained therein for reuse, refabrication, or scrapping.
"Salvage" is episode 13 of season 4 in the television show Angel, originally broadcast on the WB television network. After discovering Lilah’s dead body, a grieving Wesley breaks rogue slayer Faith out of prison so she can help track down Angelus. Meanwhile, Lorne performs a sanctuary spell to keep Angelus out of the hotel while Cordelia—secretly revealed to be the big evil controlling the Beast—confides in Connor that she is pregnant.
Translations for Salvage
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
the act of salvaging.
- إنْقاذ، تَخْليصArabic
- спасяване на имуществоBulgarian
- salvaçãoPortuguese (BR)
- die BergungGerman
- redning; bjærgningDanish
- rescate, salvamentoSpanish
- berging, redningNorwegian
- bärgning, räddningSwedish
- 搶救Chinese (Trad.)
- рятування майнаUkrainian
- بازیابی کا عملUrdu
- sự cứu hộVietnamese
- 抢救Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Salvage »