stupid, stupid person, stupe, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish, pillock(adj)
a person who is not very bright
"The economy, stupid!"
lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(p)(adj)
in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
"he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue"
"a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers"
A stupid person; a fool.
My gear is stupid fly.
Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!
To the point of stupor.
Neurobiology bores me stupid.
Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
damn, annoying, darn
I fell over the stupid wire.
Origin: From stupide, from stupidus, from stupeo.
very dull; insensible; senseless; wanting in understanding; heavy; sluggish; in a state of stupor; -- said of persons
resulting from, or evincing, stupidity; formed without skill or genius; dull; heavy; -- said of things
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
stū′pid, adj. struck senseless: insensible: deficient or dull in understanding: formed or done without reason or judgment: foolish: unskilful.—ns. Stupe (coll.), a stupid person; Stūpid′ity, Stū′pidness.—adv. Stū′pidly. [Fr.,—L. stupidus.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'STUPID' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3768
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'STUPID' in Written Corpus Frequency: #943
Rank popularity for the word 'STUPID' in Adjectives Frequency: #409
The numerical value of STUPID in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of STUPID in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
Sony was stupid to make a movie about killing Kim Jung-un, but it was even more stupid to cave in to pressure.
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask Do they get smart just in time to ask questions
Can't stop stupid we just shake our heads Can't stop stupid is what is said Can't stop stupid no matter what we do Can't stop stupid as it may even happen to you
Images & Illustrations of STUPID
Translations for STUPID
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дурны, глупыBelarusian
- тъп, глупавBulgarian
- bèstia, estúpid, toixCatalan, Valencian
- глоупъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- blöd, dumm, doof, blGerman
- βλάκας, ανόητος, ηλίθιοςGreek
- gilí, menso, estúpido, estupefacto, pendejoSpanish
- loll, rumal, nõmeEstonian
- کودن, احمقPersian
- typerä, tyhmäFinnish
- stupide, bêteFrench
- baoghalta, doilleir, amaideach, gòrachScottish Gaelic
- מטופש, טִיפֵּשHebrew
- नासमझ, मूर्खHindi
- հիմար, դանդալոշArmenian
- dungu, bebal, geblek, bodoh, goblok, tolol, sontoloyoIndonesian
- stupido, stupefatto, scemoItalian
- サイコー, イカす, カッコイイ, シブい, 愚か, 馬鹿, 馬鹿げた, ダサい, 間抜け, 愚かなJapanese
- bodho, sontoloyo, goblogJavanese
- ақылсыз, дүлей, мисызKazakh
- 어리석다, 어리석은Korean
- келесоо, акмакKyrgyz
- stupidus, stupide, stultusLatin
- ຕຶບ, ຊ້າ, ຈ້າ, ປຶLao
- stulbs, muļķīgs, dumjšLatvian
- palui, bebal, tongong, sementung, goblok, baghal, bongok, bangang, dungu, pusung, ahmak, congong, bingung, songor, bahlul, dongok, bodoh, bengap, jahil, pongah, tolol, pandik, dogol, bongak, benak, hamikMalay
- မိုက်, တုံးတာ, တုံး, နBurmese
- idioot, domme, stomme, onverstandig, onverstandige, dom, idiote, stomDutch
- estupendo, estupidamente, estúpido, estupidificadoPortuguese
- stupid, prostRomanian
- тупоумный, неумный, глупый, дурнойRussian
- मूर्ख, मूढ, निर्बुद्धि, अज्ञानSanskrit
- zatupljujući, тупоуман, tupouman, глу̑п, glȗp, блесав, blesav, тупоглав, tupoglavSerbo-Croatian
- මොට්ටSinhala, Sinhalese
- butast, glup, neumen, trapastSlovene
- omtöcknad, dumSwedish
- తెలివితక్కువ, బుద్ధిలేని, తెలివి లేనిTelugu
- беақл, аблаҳона, нодон, аҳмақTajik
- gagal, samsyk, akylsyzTurkmen
- tanga, boboTagalog
- aptal, ahmaklar, ahmak, bön, salakTurkish
- глупий, дурнийUkrainian
- ناسمجھ, بے وقوف, مورکھUrdu
- ngu, ngu ngốcVietnamese
- loigne, biesseWalloon
Get even more translations for STUPID »
Find a translation for the STUPID definition in other languages:
Select another language: