Definitions for Relationrɪˈleɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Relation
an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge(noun)
the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
a person related by blood or marriage
"police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
relation, telling, recounting(noun)
an act of narration
"he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
relation back, relation(noun)
(law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time
"his attorney argued for the relation back of the amended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
(usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups
The manner in which two things may be associated.
The relation between diet and health is complex.
A member of one's family.
Yes, he's a relation of mine, but a only distant one.
The act of relating a story.
Your relation of the events is different from mine.
A set of ordered tuples.
Specifically, a set of ordered pairs.
Equality is a symmetric relation, while divisibility is not.
A set of ordered tuples retrievable by a relational database; a table.
This relation uses the customer's social security number as a key.
A statement of equality of two products of generators, used in the presentation of a group.
The act of intercourse
Origin: From relacioun, from relacion (cognate to French relation), from relationem, accusative of relatio, noun of process form from perfect passive participle relatus, from verb referre, from prefix re- + ferre
the act of relating or telling; also, that which is related; recital; account; narration; narrative; as, the relation of historical events
the state of being related or of referring; what is apprehended as appertaining to a being or quality, by considering it in its bearing upon something else; relative quality or condition; the being such and such with regard or respect to some other thing; connection; as, the relation of experience to knowledge; the relation of master to servant
reference; respect; regard
connection by consanguinity or affinity; kinship; relationship; as, the relation of parents and children
a person connected by cosanguinity or affinity; a relative; a kinsman or kinswoman
the carrying back, and giving effect or operation to, an act or proceeding frrom some previous date or time, by a sort of fiction, as if it had happened or begun at that time. In such case the act is said to take effect by relation
the act of a relator at whose instance a suit is begun
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Relation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3441
Rank popularity for the word 'Relation' in Nouns Frequency: #294
Images & Illustrations of Relation
Translations for Relation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- příbuzný, relace, vztahCzech
- slægtning, familiemedlemDanish
- Angehöriger, Verwandter, Familienangehörige, Angehörige, Relation, Familienmitglied, Verwandtschaft, Beziehung, Verwandte, FamilienangehörigerGerman
- relaciones sexuales, relaciónSpanish
- sukulainen, relaatio, kertomus, suhde, omainenFinnish
- parent, parentèle, relation, parente, parentaille, parentageFrench
- viszony, rokon, relációHungarian
- parentulo, parentino, parentoIdo
- parente, relazioneItalian
- 関係, 関連Japanese
- familiemedlem, relasjon, slektningNorwegian
- relasjon, slektning, familiemedlemNorwegian Nynorsk
- relação, parentePortuguese
- relatare, legătură, povestire, narare, relațieRomanian
- родственница, рассказ, родственник, отношение, связь, изложение, зависимость, повествование, сообщениеRussian
- odnos, relacija, sorodnikSlovene
- samband, relation, anhörig, släkting, familjemedlemSwedish
- సంబంధము, బంధువుTelugu
- röletanef, jiröletan, hiröletan, röletanVolapük
Get even more translations for Relation »
Find a translation for the Relation definition in other languages:
Select another language: