Definitions for Rehabilitation
the restoration of someone to a useful place in society
reclamation, renewal, rehabilitation(noun)
the conversion of wasteland into land suitable for use of habitation or cultivation
vindication of a person's character and the re-establishment of that person's reputation
the treatment of physical disabilities by massage and electrotherapy and exercises
The process of rehabilitating something.
Origin: rehabilitate + ation
the act of rehabilitating, or the state of being rehabilitated
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Restoration of human functions to the maximum degree possible in a person or persons suffering from disease or injury.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The processing, usually in a relatively quiet area, of units or individuals recently withdrawn from combat or arduous duty, during which units recondition equipment and are rested, furnished special facilities, filled up with replacements, issued replacement supplies and equipment, given training, and generally made ready for employment in future operations. 2. The action performed in restoring an installation to authorized design standards.
Translations for Rehabilitation
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
to bring (a criminal or someone who has been ill) back to a normal life, normal standards of behaviour etc by treatment or training.
- إعادَة تأهيلArabic
- reabilitaçãoPortuguese (BR)
- die RehabilitierungGerman
- باز سازی؛ تعمیر؛ احیاFarsi
- rehabilitacija, obnavljanjeCroatian
- attføring, rehabilitering; omskoleringNorwegian
- باز سازی؛ تعمیر؛ احیاPersian
- بيرته خپل حال ته راوستنه بيا په ځاى كول خپل ځاى ته ستنونه بيا ودانونهPashto
- реабилитация; перевоспитаниеRussian
- 復健，戒治Chinese (Trad.)
- آباد کاریUrdu
- sự phục hồiVietnamese
- 复原Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Rehabilitation »
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Rehabilitation." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2013. Web. 21 May 2013. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Rehabilitation>.