Definitions for Rehabilitation
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Rehabilitation
the restoration of someone to a useful place in society
reclamation, renewal, rehabilitation(noun)
the conversion of wasteland into land suitable for use of habitation or cultivation
vindication of a person's character and the re-establishment of that person's reputation
the treatment of physical disabilities by massage and electrotherapy and exercises
The process of rehabilitating something.
Origin: rehabilitate + ation
the act of rehabilitating, or the state of being rehabilitated
Rehabilitation was a term used in the context of the former Soviet Union, and the Post-Soviet states. Beginning after the death of Stalin in 1953, the government undertook the political and social restoration, or political rehabilitation, of persons who had been repressed and criminally prosecuted without due basis. It restored the person to the state of acquittal. In many cases, rehabilitation was posthumous, as thousands of victims had been executed or died in labor camps. The government also rehabilitated several minority populations which it had relocated under Stalin, and allowed them to return to former territories and in some cases restored their autonomy in those regions.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Restoration of human functions to the maximum degree possible in a person or persons suffering from disease or injury.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The processing, usually in a relatively quiet area, of units or individuals recently withdrawn from combat or arduous duty, during which units recondition equipment and are rested, furnished special facilities, filled up with replacements, issued replacement supplies and equipment, given training, and generally made ready for employment in future operations. 2. The action performed in restoring an installation to authorized design standards.
Translations for Rehabilitation
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
- إعادَة تأهيلArabic
- reabilitaçãoPortuguese (BR)
- die RehabilitierungGerman
- باز سازی؛ تعمیر؛ احیاFarsi
- rehabilitacija, obnavljanjeCroatian
- attføring, rehabilitering; omskoleringNorwegian
- باز سازی؛ تعمیر؛ احیاPersian
- بيرته خپل حال ته راوستنه بيا په ځاى كول خپل ځاى ته ستنونه بيا ودانونهPashto
- реабилитация; перевоспитаниеRussian
- 復健，戒治Chinese (Trad.)
- آباد کاریUrdu
- sự phục hồiVietnamese
- 复原Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Rehabilitation »
Find a translation for the Rehabilitation definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these Rehabilitation definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Rehabilitation." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2014. Web. 21 Dec. 2014. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/Rehabilitation>.